How much is your local newspaper?

This topic is 2081 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I was thinking the same thing is being done by Crain's Chicago Business (weekly newspaper). I subscribed for years, but decided not to renew quite a while ago.

Two weeks ago, all of a sudden, started getting it in the mail again. Then today, got a letter in the mail today to subscribe, so it could be they sent out the papers as teasers to entice people into subscribing.

I think that happens a lot. My mom still gets Ladies Home Journal (or something like that) in the mail even though she unsubscribed years ago. I've never subscribed to the NSL and its not delivered by the Post Office. They have their own delivery network.

And come to think of it I'm still getting my monthly college alumni magazine in the mail 20 years after my "free trial subscription" ended!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that happens a lot. My mom still gets Ladies Home Journal (or something like that) in the mail even though she unsubscribed years ago. I've never subscribed to the NSL and its not delivered by the Post Office. They have their own delivery network.

And come to think of it I'm still getting my monthly college alumni magazine in the mail 20 years after my "free trial subscription" ended!

Yup. Circulation size sets ad rates, so it pays to inflate circulation stats.