Dog Food

Mo Mason
This topic is 2244 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Adopted a senior (12yo) Pomeranian 13 weeks ago today:) Used to use Blue Buffalo w/ my Scotties and then read some not so good things (no I can't find them).

Now, after checking with canine owning friends, I am using Nutro Senior for dry and making a gravy with Merrick's Lil Meals - (one pack does 4 feeding) I get everything now from chewy.com.

When she was turned in to Humane Society in Feb she weighed 17.88# - when I adopted her Apr 20th, she was 15# and 4 weeks ago she weighed in at 11.8# just under the goal weight of 12#.

I have increased her food and weigh her every 3 weeks to see that we are maintaining.

Adopted a senior (12yo) Pomeranian 13 weeks ago today:) Used to use Blue Buffalo w/ my Scotties and then read some not so good things (no I can't find them)....

Found it!

In a nutshell, Blue Buffalo allegedly used chicken by-product meal when it stated it didn't do so and charged the same as if it used 100% chicken meat. They were also recently acquired by General Mills, which will turn some folks off.

I remembered there was bad press but like you could not remember what exactly the bad press was.

Glad that your pom is doing well. All it takes is a loving human who takes good care of their dogs and/or cats.

Found it!

Glad that your pom is doing well. All it takes is a loving human who takes good care of their dogs and/or cats.

She is a real Sweetheart! I decided that at my age (70) I should no longer be going the puppy route, I should adopt senior canines and make what ever time they have left the BEST POSSIBLE. Poms can go to 16 - so who knows.

My only criteria was Female (if I am going to rub a belly and run into a penis, it will be on a man, not a canine:):):) and 20# or less - weight criteria due to aging and RA.

It is a perfect match.

Word of note. When introducing new dog food it is better to do it gradually. Mix in a little bit of the new with the old for like a week with each day little bit more of the new and less of old.

Two reasons, it gets them used to the new smell of the new but familiar scent of the old food. Also, dogs can get upset stomach from instantly eating new dog food. It's possible we would not notice dogs feeling under the weather as dogs show discomfort in different ways. But possibly their stool could be more runny with a new dog food.