"Root" (Verb) Means Sex

Avalon
This topic is 2251 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Have Brits picked up "Root". I thought it was just Aussie.

Anyway, I will use "root" in a sentence today.

And yes, "bone" is the American equivalent.

In the US we speak of "rooting around" as rummaging through things usually looking for something. She was rooting around in her drawer for a pencil.

Americans and Aussies have the best vernaculars but they are seldom similar.

Edited by tassojunior

I guess the term “root” is similar to the idea of “boning” which is such a sexy descriptor of plunging deep inside a hot ass that your pelvic bone meets his fleshy bottom.

'Rooting' is far more general than that, it's generic slang for sexual intercourse. Here, boned has the connotation of being violated rather than just having sex. Boned is also used in a non-sexual context.

Have Brits picked up "Root". I thought it was just Aussie.

Anyway, I will use "root" in a sentence today.

And yes, "bone" is the American equivalent.

In the US we speak of "rooting around" as rummaging through things usually looking for something. She was rooting around in her drawer for a pencil.

I looked in the Oxford and it cites 'root' as Australian, NZ and Irish slang. Regardless of that, we tend to take up each other's slang more readily than we do American slang (although we generally understand that, so 'rooting' for a team doesn't always attract mirth as we know what you mean). We also use 'rooting around' in that sense. Perhaps as a derivative of its sexual meaning 'rooted' can mean exhausted (shagged and fucked can also be used that way).

Edited by mike carey