What Does "Eyeglasses" Icon Mean?

Avalon
This topic is 2214 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

it means you (accidentally?) set your preferences to "watch (that) thread".......you can "unwatch thread" if you want at upper right.....look for "watch/unwatch thread"........honestly, I have no idea what benefits one gets when watching a thread, but I think it means you're notified when replies are made.......

it means you (accidentally?) set your preferences to "watch (that) thread".......you can "unwatch thread" if you want at upper right.....look for "watch/unwatch thread"........honestly, I have no idea what benefits one gets when watching a thread, but I think it means you're notified when replies are made.......

Thank-you!

I have no idea what benefits one gets when watching a thread, but I think it means you're notified when replies are made.

To a regular poster, it's annoying, but if you were an infrequent or irregular poster who had asked a specific question, it would be useful as you'd receive an e-mail when a reply was posted to your question.