Manspreading appreciation thread!

marylander1940

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Charlie said:

In the 1930s, wearing something green, especially a green tie, was supposed to be a secret sign of orientation between homosexuals.

I didn't know that! Thanks for that information. I wonder how widespread that was? Something local like in certain cities NYC, LA etc...?

I remember back in my days we had to stop relying on dress codes because straight men were picking up their fashion cues from gay men to look cool and in fashion. Certain jeans worn very tight sporting their basket, hankies of all colors worn all over, keys hanging out... We certainly had a few awkward moments with some confused straight guys that were trying to figure out what we were saying and if indeed this gay guy was actually hitting on him! BLUSH, LOL 😄

12 hours ago, Danny-Darko said:

I didn't know that! Thanks for that information. I wonder how widespread that was? Something local like in certain cities NYC, LA etc...?

I remember back in my days we had to stop relying on dress codes because straight men were picking up their fashion cues from gay men to look cool and in fashion. Certain jeans worn very tight sporting their basket, hankies of all colors worn all over, keys hanging out... We certainly had a few awkward moments with some confused straight guys that were trying to figure out what we were saying and if indeed this gay guy was actually hitting on him! BLUSH, LOL 😄

This afternoon in an interview about the IPCC report, the Liberal (i.e. right wing) NSW Minister for Energy and Environment was asked whether his green tie signified something about his environmental credentials. Of course I immediately thought of @Charlie's comment that I had read yesterday. (For the record, Matt Kean who is 39, seems not to have a partner, although he had a girlfriend in the past.)