Have You Turned The Heat On Yet?

Avalon
This topic is 2166 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

The guy who took care of me was this studly, good-looking young blond. He would pull stuff off the racks that he thought I would like, I would try it on, and he would say, "I LIKE that on you," and he had made another sale.

That young man was probably George Sherman and he's still at it today. He dresses all the bulldog boys and takes happy pride in making sure the clothes fit nicely. Often rumored that he likes men more than just for their clothes!! The hotel is the State House and is still a center hub of activity for the community. I'd LOVE to give you a personal tour sometimes. Lots has changed...except George Sherman!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That young man was probably George Sherman and he's still at it today. He dresses all the bulldog boys and takes happy pride in making sure the clothes fit nicely. Often rumored that he likes men more than just for their clothes!! The hotel is the State House and is still a center hub of activity for the community. I'd LOVE to give you a personal tour sometimes. Lots has changed...except George Sherman!

It would be a lot of fun to spend time with you in Starkville. Don't be surprised if I take you up on it.

I turned the heat on today. The thermostat heat is set at 76F. It will take the chill off. When I turned it on it said the temp was 72F. The high today is supposed to be low 80sF.

Over the years I've had a number of thermostats. In one week they had to put in three different ones. I've had some I could not operate nor could the landlord or his wife. Push buttons. He had to have a tech guy come in. That guy set it at 68F for the night and 72F for the day. That was just too cold for me. I called a company to have a person come out to change it. I was going to pay out of my own pocket. But he refused. That was maybe 10 years ago.

I've had the current thermostat for several years.

I try to get through October without turning on the heat. However, here in Chicago it has consistently been in the low 50s and unfortunately as I get older I just can't tolerate temps in my home lower than 70/71. I try to balance it out by always wearing socks and some sort of over-shirt or sweater. For the most part it works to eliminate the guilt of trying to have the thermostat stay at 68 which I used to do. Thinking of moving to Palm Springs and just melting like the witch.

I guess so. You have to consider who was asking the question - me, Avalon. :):):):)

You said it, buster boy, not me!

I try to get through October without turning on the heat. However, here in Chicago it has consistently been in the low 50s and unfortunately as I get older I just can't tolerate temps in my home lower than 70/71. I try to balance it out by always wearing socks and some sort of over-shirt or sweater. For the most part it works to eliminate the guilt of trying to have the thermostat stay at 68 which I used to do. Thinking of moving to Palm Springs and just melting like the witch.

You would loooooooove an apartment I rented from Pearl Associates back in the 1990's. They made sure the steam heat and hot water were CRANKED! During a cold snap every other building in Evanston was without heat except for my building. As always, I had a window open. When I asked one of the Pearls why the heat was so high he said that he and his wife lived in one of their dad's buildings when they were newlyweds and the apartments were always cold. So they resolved that their tenants would never be cold when he and his brother took over the firm.