In the Old West, was there ever a female peace officer?

Avalon
This topic is 2184 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

One female wore a Sheriff's star which caused me to wonder if there were any female police officers in the Old West.

How about an old series about a female detective named West?

Honey West is an American crime drama television series that aired on ABC during the 1965–1966 television season. Based upon a series of novels that had launched in 1957, the series starred Anne Francis as female private detective Honey West and John Ericson as her partner, Sam Bolt.

Only 30 half-hour episodes were produced. The entire series is available on DVD.

MV5BMTAxMjY2MTQyNjJeQTJeQWpwZ15BbWU3MDYwNjkwOTE@._V1_UY268_CR4,0,182,268_AL_.jpghoney-gun.jpg

honey_west.jpg?itok=6eBSjWJv

How about an old series about a female detective named West?

Honey West is an American crime drama television series that aired on ABC during the 1965–1966 television season. Based upon a series of novels that had launched in 1957, the series starred Anne Francis as female private detective Honey West and John Ericson as her partner, Sam Bolt.

Only 30 half-hour episodes were produced. The entire series is available on DVD.

MV5BMTAxMjY2MTQyNjJeQTJeQWpwZ15BbWU3MDYwNjkwOTE@._V1_UY268_CR4,0,182,268_AL_.jpghoney-gun.jpg

honey_west.jpg?itok=6eBSjWJv

I've not seen the show but on YouTube I watched an episode of "Burke's Law" which her character was in.

Catherine Jones of Cave Creek, Arizona

https://truewestmagazine.com/in-the-old-west-was-there-ever-a-female-peace-officer/

On the recent episode of "Hell's Kitchen" the winning team got to go to an Old West set where they dressed in appropriate period costumes. One female wore a Sheriff's star which caused me to wonder if there were any female police officers in the Old West.

Don't know about peace officers, but there was at least one doctor.

Great show with Chad Allen!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chad_Allen_(actor)

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The actress who played the daughter was replaced. A female friend told me that the reason was because the original actress had matured, her breasts were now too big.

I remember on "Maude" in the last season the actor who played the grandson was replaced because he had a growth spurt and was now thought to be too tall.

I remember on MURPHY BROWN in the last season the actor who played Avery saw dead people.

I wonder if we'll see that with the new show? Anything to have more Avery!

Btw I just checked and the series ended in 1998 and "The Sixth Sense" came out the next year.