Confused by song lyrics

This topic is 2147 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Sometimes I get confused by song lyrics the first time I hear them. I was in a store and heard this song. I asked an employee the name of the song and was surprised to learn that it was "Tequila." When they sang "When I taste tequila," for some reason I thought they were singing "When I chased a killer...". :D The video stars a handsome deaf gay model...

One of the two in the duo is really handsome. :) The other is not... :(

tmpc90d3cc3-47c8-4315-923d-0b6b028215e3-832x476.jpg

mRx2JD1O_400x400.jpeg

http://d1marr3m5x4iac.cloudfront.net/images/edpborder500/I0-001/016/938/475-6.jpeg_/dan-shay-75.jpeg

The handsome man is Dan Smyers:

Daniel Smyers (born August 16, 1987 (age 31)) was raised in Wexford, Pennsylvania, where he attended North Allegheny Senior High School.

The not so handsome man is Shay Mooney:

James Shay Mooney (born December 27, 1991 (age 26)) was raised in Natural Dam, Arkansas, and attended Union Christian Academy (Fort Smith, Arkansas) and Van Buren High School (Van Buren, Arkansas).

Looks like they both nabbed themselves some pretty wives though. I'm guessing they're pretty (someone correct me if I'm wrong). I would be the most frustrated person in the world if I married Shay. All I'd be able to think about would be how much I'd like to do it with Dan! :eek: I guess maybe heterosexual women think of men more of as providers than as sex objects... :cool:

http://tasteofcountry.com/files/2016/08/Dan-and-Shay-girlfriends.jpg

Mmm. Mixed-race. Now I know why I like him so much...

Birth Name: Daniel Christopher Smyers

Place of Birth: Wexford, Pennsylvania, U.S.

Date of Birth: August 16, 1987

Ethnicity: Japanese (paternal grandmother), Irish, Scots-Irish/Northern Irish, English, German

jpeg

dan-smyers-thumb.jpg

Dan-Smyers.jpg

Looks like they both nabbed themselves some pretty wives though. I'm guessing they're pretty (someone correct me if I'm wrong). I would be the most frustrated person in the world if I married Shay. All I'd be able to think about would be how much I'd like to do it with Dan! :eek: I guess maybe heterosexual women think of men more of as providers than as sex objects... :cool:

http://tasteofcountry.com/files/2016/08/Dan-and-Shay-girlfriends.jpg

Nice beards.

When they sang "When I taste tequila," for some reason I thought they were singing "When I chased a killer..."

There's an actual term for this - they call them "mondegreens" - originating (supposedly) with a mishearing of a medieval ballad that included the lyric "and laid 'em on the green," misheard as "and Lady Mondegreen."

One of my own personal favorites goes back to the 80's and the Go-Go's, who I thought had this great pro-lesbian hit with a song called "I Love Cecille." I was bummed to find out they were really singing "Our lips are sealed."

There's an actual term for this - they call them "mondegreens" - originating (supposedly) with a mishearing of a medieval ballad that included the lyric "and laid 'em on the green," misheard as "and Lady Mondegreen."

One of my own personal favorites goes back to the 80's and the Go-Go's, who I thought had this great pro-lesbian hit with a song called "I Love Cecille." I was bummed to find out they were really singing "Our lips are sealed."

'Scuse me while I kiss this guy...

THAT's funny.

Years ago I was testing an early voice recognition software package. Don't remember what I said, but it transcribed it to "antebellum."