All TSA Has To Do Now Is Make Their Employees Less Scary

rvwnsd
This topic is 2095 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

The Transportation Security Agency (TSA) is moving toward floppy-eared dogs, according to this Los Angeles Times Article.

I'd like to see less scary-looking employees!

PS: In fairness, most of the TSA people I've interacted with are very nice, i.e. as nice as one can be while shouting "NO WATER BOTTLES." over and over. It is not a job I would be good at.

i.e. as nice as one can be while shouting "NO WATER BOTTLES." over and over.

I guess there are new (or forgetful or foreign) flyers who don't know this, but yes it must be mind-numbing if that's your job. At JFK I asked if an empty bottle was OK, and got a prompt, 'That's fine'. (Not a problem here on domestic flights, the 100ml limit for liquids and gels went away fairly quickly.)

I guess there are new (or forgetful or foreign) flyers who don't know this, but yes it must be mind-numbing if that's your job. At JFK I asked if an empty bottle was OK, and got a prompt, 'That's fine'. (Not a problem here on domestic flights, the 100ml limit for liquids and gels went away fairly quickly.)

TSA guy told me recently that a frozen water bottle was ok?

I recently flew out of a small airport....we’re talking 10 flights a day....max.

They had the most aggressive, rude, and ridiculously “thorough” TSA agents

I have every met. There were over 20 of them standing around. Even with this

Army, it took them about 20 minutes to process myself and 2 other passengers.

I fly all the time....I’m pretty good at opening my bags and getting everything

through the X-ray machine on the first try in 2 trays. He literally reorganized

my shit 4 times and ended up spreading it out over 8 trays.

It was comical.

When he realized I was from NYC, he said....”I guess you're used to this since

you’re from New York”. I said....”if this shit went down at LaGuardia airport...

there would be fucking riots....and you’d be dead by now”.

He didn’t think it was funny....the overly aggressive and “punitive” pat down

that followed would have been fun....if he wasn’t such an ugly fucker.

I have a prosthetic knee. I flew into Dallas from Hong Kong to catch a local flight. I was a wheelchair passenger. Of course I set off the X-ray. I told the TSA agent about the artificial knee but he insisted on seeing the scar. I told him about a demonstrating card I could fetch from my wallet in one of the nearby trays. He insisted and got angry when I refused. Due to the long flight I was wearing crotch length compression hose. I was not about to drop trou in public. I was ushered into a room with 2 more agents. I displayed the scar as ordered meanwhile they dismissed my wheelchair and offered no help securing another. SOB’s

some of us, I presume, have been checked by the dog at ATL??.....at least we didn't have to take our shoes off and stand in the x-ray.......(I don't have pre-check)

we all have our TSA horror stories, of course......and surprisingly nice stories, too.......a nice TSA woman at Midway helped spread my four Marshall Fields Frango mint gift boxes over four different trays so they'd pass the test........and two TSA supervisors at another airport, who I complained to when one poor little woman had to check all the flagged bags, causing a 15-20 minute delay for many passengers, shrugged their shoulders and gave me a thinly-veiled "fuck you" reply.......I said, "gee, they hate their jobs", and the harried little woman said, "I love mine!"......

not to be a pollyanna, but I try to be as efficient and polite as I can, smile, say "thank you", and move along......it's a mindless, thankless, low-paying job and I appreciate their work.......

I recently flew out of a small airport....we’re talking 10 flights a day....max.

They had the most aggressive, rude, and ridiculously “thorough” TSA agents

I have every met. There were over 20 of them standing around. Even with this

Army, it took them about 20 minutes to process myself and 2 other passengers.

It was comical.

you’re from New York”. I said....”if this shit went down at LaGuardia airport...

He didn’t think it was funny....the overly aggressive and “punitive” pat down

that followed would have been fun....if he wasn’t such an ugly fucker.

I "liked" this post not because I like what happened to you but as a show of support for your frustration.

It was comical.

Wow! I'm surprised your comment didn't get you an "extended interrogation."

I flew this week and beeped because of screws in my knee from a surgery. The TSA guy was lecturing me about it and I simply said "am I under arrest?" That shuts them up in a hurry.

They must be stainless steel. My back is full of titanium hardware and it's never been a problem.

They must be stainless steel. My back is full of titanium hardware and it's never been a problem.

Downstairs at the old Splash Bar in NYC a guy of a certain age sporting piercing all over sat down beside me. I couldn’t resist asking how he ever got through airport security. He beamed “No problem. They’re all titanium.”

Titanium doesn't set off metal detectors? If that's the case, I would think that some savvy terrorist would figure out how to make weapons out of titanium...

Titanium doesn't set off metal detectors? If that's the case, I would think that some savvy terrorist would figure out how to make weapons out of titanium...

According to Wikipedia it’s as strong as steel but less dense. That could be problematic in making firearms (especially for the shooter).

I've been told that extremely sensitive detectors can pick it up, but I've never had any problem. It does interfere with the image quality in MRI.