Would you hug your father, laugh at him, or kill him slowly?

samhexum
This topic is 2036 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

When planning for a family trip to New Zealand, an American father wrote a classified ad in the NZ Herald for his three “unmarried, handsome sons” as a joke. But it quickly caused a social media sensation, and his sons were flooded with more than 600 responses.

Neil, from Oregon, secretly created the dating ad in December for his sons, Benjamin, Jeremy and Matthew.

“My wife and I have 3 wonderful, successful, alas unmarried, sons,” the ad reads. “We are not expecting, just hoping, to introduce our sons to nice NZ daughters. At the very least, we’ll embarrass our sons and the truth is, we do find some enjoyment in that.”

Neil had never placed an ad like this before and just wanted his kids to put themselves out there.

His youngest son, Benjamin, is a 26-year-old consultant in Seattle. Middle son Jeremy is a 28-year-old working for nonprofit organizations and the oldest, 31-year-old Mathew, works in real estate in Portland.

“I am sure they will be surprised and annoyed, but I am sure they will laugh,” Neil, who didn’t want to disclose his last name for personal reasons, told The NZ Herald. “We have a good relationship and are always joking with each other. They know I am a little unusual in that regard.”

Thanks to their dad’s efforts, the sons ended up meeting some New Zealand bachelorettes on their travels.

“Between my brothers and I, we went on a few one-on-one dates,” Benjamin told The Daily Mail. ‘[New Zealand women] are very intelligent, kind, friendly people. We love their accents. They were a lot of fun, everyone we met seemed nice.”

Neil said that they were even invited to “family dates.”

“We are doing great, my sons were a tad embarrassed but they handled it well and thought it was hilarious in the end,” Neil told The Daily Mail. “I even met some great parents.”

And Benjamin said his brother even found a potential partner during their holiday.

“Two weeks is hard to fall deeply in love,” he said. “Matthew actually met someone so hopefully that’s the start of something.” (He's the cute one on the left)

newzealandad.jpg

When planning for a family trip to New Zealand, an American father wrote a classified ad in the NZ Herald for his three “unmarried, handsome sons” as a joke. But it quickly caused a social media sensation, and his sons were flooded with more than 600 responses.

Neil, from Oregon, secretly created the dating ad in December for his sons, Benjamin, Jeremy and Matthew.

“My wife and I have 3 wonderful, successful, alas unmarried, sons,” the ad reads. “We are not expecting, just hoping, to introduce our sons to nice NZ daughters. At the very least, we’ll embarrass our sons and the truth is, we do find some enjoyment in that.”

Neil had never placed an ad like this before and just wanted his kids to put themselves out there.

His youngest son, Benjamin, is a 26-year-old consultant in Seattle. Middle son Jeremy is a 28-year-old working for nonprofit organizations and the oldest, 31-year-old Mathew, works in real estate in Portland.

“I am sure they will be surprised and annoyed, but I am sure they will laugh,” Neil, who didn’t want to disclose his last name for personal reasons, told The NZ Herald. “We have a good relationship and are always joking with each other. They know I am a little unusual in that regard.”

Thanks to their dad’s efforts, the sons ended up meeting some New Zealand bachelorettes on their travels.

“Between my brothers and I, we went on a few one-on-one dates,” Benjamin told The Daily Mail. ‘[New Zealand women] are very intelligent, kind, friendly people. We love their accents. They were a lot of fun, everyone we met seemed nice.”

Neil said that they were even invited to “family dates.”

“We are doing great, my sons were a tad embarrassed but they handled it well and thought it was hilarious in the end,” Neil told The Daily Mail. “I even met some great parents.”

And Benjamin said his brother even found a potential partner during their holiday.

“Two weeks is hard to fall deeply in love,” he said. “Matthew actually met someone so hopefully that’s the start of something.” (He's the cute one on the left)

newzealandad.jpg

Is not like they're pushing 40... Besides they only thing dad would achieve is getting them some lined up hookups in NZ.

If he was serious he should post that ad home in Oregon.

One more thing... any average looking straight guy in a relatively large city full of gay men is single because he's either getting too much sex or because he just doesn't want to have a girlfriend.

• 1 month later...
I’d kill him before the trip, laugh at him during the trip, and hug him after the trip

I guess it would depend on if he also invited some really handsome, fun, interesting guys. Otherwise not really interested and would chuckle at him.

any average looking straight guy in a relatively large city full of gay men is single because he's either getting too much sex or because he just doesn't want to have a girlfriend.

Would you hug your sons, laugh at them, or kill them slowly?

It’s the gift that keeps on giving — whether he likes it or not!

A New Jersey dad’s two prankster sons hung a billboard on a busy Atlantic City highway, complete with their old man’s cellphone number and a message urging strangers to call and wish him happy birthday, according to a report.

Chris Ferry, of Linwood, who turns 62 on Saturday, has been flooded with about 10,000 calls and text messages — from well-wishers, nostalgics and oversharers — in less than a week, he told KYW News Radio.

“They get me on the phone, they want to talk to me, they want to tell me about their most memorable birthday,” he told the station. “People say, ‘I lost my dad last year.’ I had one guy tell me, ‘I tried to call my father to tell him about the billboard and he didn’t pick up, so I figured I would call you to talk to you and now you’re not picking up.’”

He’s getting a kick out of the gesture — even though it has effectively hijacked his smartphone, he said.

“I really haven’t been able to use my phone in a normal way,” he said. “There’s a call coming through right now, it’s happened like three times since I’ve been on the phone with you.”

But he added, “I got the joke. It was funny, it was good. And then I thought, ‘Man, I’m going to be getting a lot of phone calls.’”

The billboard went up on the Black Horse Pike last week, proclaiming, “Wish My Dad Happy Birthday. Love, Your Sons” next to a giant image of Ferry’s face.

His son Christopher Ferry Jr., of Florida, said he wanted to do something funny and special for his pop’s birthday.

“We wanted it to be a birthday for him to remember,” he said, adding he’s been pranking Dad since he was a kid.

“He’s laughing,” said Ferry Jr. “He’s trying to answer as many texts as he can, he’s answering phone calls. He’s actually really getting a kick out of it.”

The soon-to-be birthday boy’s voicemail was full when The Post called Monday. But he told the radio station, “It’s been really good-natured fun — although at my expense.”

5c82c6f556512.image.jpg

Edited by samhexum