the rate is based on what they read....

Smurof
This topic is 2021 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else find it ironic when someone complains about clients not hiring over a $50 differential in rates but will book a hotel 50 miles outside the city because they won't spend the extra $50 to book one in the city center. Just saying ;)

Ummm...50 miles? Whom and where? If they’re staying 50 miles out, it’s got to be for other reasons than saving $50. I routinely stay outside of the city center, but can’t think of where I’d need to stay 50 miles out to save $50.

Now, when in DC I’ll absolutely stay atleast 5 miles outside of town. Over there, you have to pay for yourself and your car to sleep. Recall being invited to stay with a friend for free at a convention center hotel. $60 to park, valet only. Each morning before 7 am, I’d have to go down and move my car into a separate adjacent garage because they offered a $13 “early bird” rate. In by 9, out by 5 I think. Then, back to the street, do it again the next morning. Did that shit for 3 days and was so OVER it. And then all my clients were outcalls that week ??‍♂️

Nowadays when I go to DC, I may do 1 day in the city, and then mainly stay in Maryland or Virginia. Has worked for many years. Next time, I don’t think I’ll bother staying in DC at all unless it’s in the residential/NW of town because it’s just too much production trying to park and valet in DC. Plus I get laid more in NOVA and Maryland lol.