Homo Sapiens - Homo Erectus

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only meant in jest @easygoingpal. You see I’m a second generation BoSox fan, son of two Bostonians who were both fanatics. While I spent 4 decades in NYC, I never converted. But some of my best friends are diehard Yankee fans (including hopefully you and @whipped guy). Besides every year once the RedSox are eliminated (as too often happens) I immediately switch allegiance.

FYI Yankee caps and t-shirts are not uncommon here in KL but I’ve never seen RedSox swag.

I have rooted for the SF Giants in the past, but I've seen some of the extremes that some fans go to like the dreadful incident that a SF Giants fan went through at the Dodger stadium a few years back. I've also seen accidents happen at soccer matches. So, I fear for the well being of people when I see signs of potential trouble... I am glad you are loyal to your team. I think sports in general are good for everyone's health. I participated in some sports and sometimes I found it difficult to see why other players wouldn't accept loosing a game. I played so many games during my youth that I learned to accept wins and defeats and found the way to find joy in simply playing. Some of my close friends couldn't understand that, but that's we are all different... Sorry for my rambling... Hope you have a terrific day! Cheers!

Hey, we're gonna play nice around here... No thumbs down and no sappy faces... Life is short and being good friends to one another is the best way to enjoy it as we sojourn through it. There's so many men and so little time for sport quarrels... LOVE is the answer!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Hey @easygoingpal no worries about me and @g56whiz... he may be totally bonkers when it comes to baseball... but I still respect his loyalty to the Red Sox. Of course in some matters he thinks I am crazy.... and in many respects he is right. That’s what happens when one listens to too many Maria Callas recordings. :eek::eek: The wobble eventually affects one’s brain waves! LOL! Plus I greatly respect his opinions on so many other matters... :) So CHEERS to Mr. Whiz!!!