Massage by Ryan in Central NJ

Gr8massage
This topic is 1905 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

The picture thing is strange, but I believe he is a male nurse and may be doing it to protect himself from weirdos. I don’t believe he is a full time masseur.

At first i found it odd, but do kind of get it, with all of the craziness out there.

The picture thing is strange, but I believe he is a male nurse and may be doing it to protect himself from weirdos. I don’t believe he is a full time masseur.

Bottom line: If a masseur is requesting a photo of a potential client before they book the session with you.....they are checking you out first. If you are overweight, not good looking, etc, they will find an excuse not to take you. Rarely is it because they are protecting themselves from "weirdos." How can they tell "weirdos" from a photo? Plain and simple, they just want to pick and choose the good looking guys as clients. They have no desire to work on fat or unattractive guys......photos help them make that decision.

Edited by Dmitri

Bottom line: If a masseur is requesting a photo of a potential client before they book the session with you.....they are checking you out first. If you are overweight, not good looking, etc, they will find an excuse not to take you. Rarely is it because they are protecting themselves from "weirdos." How can they tell "weirdos" from a photo? Plain and simple, they just want to pick and choose the good looking guys as clients. They have no desire to work on fat or unattractive guys......photos help them make that decision.

That had crossed my mind!

Good point. I would add that in addition to looking for attractive clients they are passing on individuals that just appear as strange (aggressive looking, juiced up, etc.).

I was asked for a photo. My massage therapist screens new clients who have not been referred by existing clients. He lives alone and for safety screens for clients that appear a little off.

I think screening clients with pics to weed out freaks is useless. If Ted Bundy (Google his pics) had sent a pic in a situation like this, a masseur would feel very comfortable and take him. And look at what a nutcase/murderer he turned out to be. Every masseur I have ever been to lives alone, ( I prefer it that way for privacy and discretion) and none have ever asked for a pic. Many of my masseurs have provided services to me for 5+ years and I have never heard any horror stories, although I am sure a small percentage of masseurs have had scary clients. At the end of the day, you never know who the nutcase will be, and asking for pics to decide won't help, as in the Ted Bundy example. I really believe 99% of photo requests are for masseurs to pick and choose to work on the hot guys, and dump the ugly ones.

I think screening clients with pics to weed out freaks is useless. If Ted Bundy (Google his pics) had sent a pic in a situation like this, a masseur would feel very comfortable and take him. And look at what a nutcase/murderer he turned out to be. Every masseur I have ever been to lives alone, ( I prefer it that way for privacy and discretion) and none have ever asked for a pic. Many of my masseurs have provided services to me for 5+ years and I have never heard any horror stories, although I am sure a small percentage of masseurs have had scary clients. At the end of the day, you never know who the nutcase will be, and asking for pics to decide won't help, as in the Ted Bundy example. I really believe 99% of photo requests are for masseurs to pick and choose to work on the hot guys, and dump the ugly ones.

You are very angry today Dmitri.

You are very angry today Dmitri.

Thanks for the feedback, but I am not angry today or any day. Actually I am always in a great mood. I just have zero tolerance for masseurs that discriminate against clients based on race, age, appearance, etc. And I feel that almost all masseurs that ask for photos are doing just that. Yes, some are screening for their own protection , but that is a rare minority. Most photo requests are based in discrimination.