Have you ever been influenced by an Influencer?

alrajee
This topic is 1873 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I don't completely agree. Yes, I'm not the market for fashion and beauty influencers, but I'd like to think I still fall in the fitness, travel, and even food segments for influencers.

I was mostly speaking to age group.

“The biggest demographic group are males between 18 – 24 years old, while 75% of all users are aged between 18 and 24.

37% of US internet users are now on Instagram.

90 percent of Instagram users are younger than 35.”

Source

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

https://www.prweek.com/article/1591917/agency-thrives-ditching-social-media-influencers-focus-traditional-pr

Even though this has been the name of the game for the past five or so years, I have yet to be swayed to purchase anything that an Influencer of any genre (style, travel, fitness, food) proclaims to be "epic," "awesome," or "you would not believe."

Part of it is because I'm a grouchy (not very) old man, I suppose.

A lifetime ago, I worked in traditional media. The standards we had to uphold were very strict: Never feature just one brand in a story, always get quotes from multiple sources, do not run text from the press release as is, travel incognito, etc.

This, along with having to actually write in complete sentences with proper grammar.

Influencers nowadays (I'm sorry if I'm painting such broad strokes) don't even need to put #ad in their posts: The lack of personality in their words is a dead giveaway that they were sent a box of clothes and were asked to talk about it in their social channels. Poor writing--and my God is there a ton of them--turns me off completely, earning the account a spot in my ignore list.

Actually they do need to disclose that they're sponsored, but many of them are ignoring FTC guidance to that effect.