Random random

loremipsum
This topic is 765 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

On 12/2/2020 at 7:18 AM, mike carey said:

I didn't know that Nova Scotia sends a Christmas tree to Boston every year so obviously I didn't know why. It's a thank you note, and for those that don't know what for, check this out.

We once had a flare-up in a trade dispute with the United States over softwood lumber during the Reagan years. They put a new tariff on our exports and in retaliation we imposed a tariff on Christmas trees, in which we actually have a two way trade. Well there was such a commotion in Nova Scotia. I can't remember if they sent a tree that year to Boston.

On 7/2/2021 at 8:37 PM, Charlie said:

I haven't visited the ATM in months. The only time I use cash now is to pay my barber and the dog groomer. However, when I signed up for a reservation for our HOA 4th of July barbecue yesterday, I was told I couldn't buy the ticket with cash or a credit card--they would only accept a check!

Not accepting cash or credit card is not a surprise, but an inability to charge your account at the HOA IS a surprise. We did that all the time for nominal amounts (think replacement common area keys, re-programming the call box, and our periodic parties and barbeques) when I was on the board of my HOA. I'm assuming this barbeque doesn't cost thousands of dollars per head. 

2 hours ago, rvwnsd said:

Not accepting cash or credit card is not a surprise, but an inability to charge your account at the HOA IS a surprise. We did that all the time for nominal amounts (think replacement common area keys, re-programming the call box, and our periodic parties and barbeques) when I was on the board of my HOA. I'm assuming this barbeque doesn't cost thousands of dollars per head. 

$15 per head.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...