New Law in Texas

Fyton
This topic is 1743 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I just heard from an unreliable source that Texas has a new law that might make some of us change our dating profile and remove our photos. Anyone know what I'm referring to? Thanks

I believe you are referring to the law that makes it illegal to send naked pictures without consent. It's a Class C misdemeanor. In fact while I don't know if it's universal, at least in my area of Texas, Grindr has added a field to your profile on whether you would like to receive nudes or not.

Here's an article that discusses it.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fox4news.com/news/new-texas-laws-illegal-to-send-unsolicited-nude-photos.amp

Gman

I’m not seeing the impactfulness of this law to the topics discussed here.

The law is about the unsolicited sending of sexual material to someone who doesn’t expect (and perhaps want) it.

I think every companion web site I know of plus the forum & reviews web sites have a “I consent” click-thru.

Even if I am trying to navigate to “Gospel_videos.com” and accidentally type “Get_cock_tonight.com” I need to pass thru a screen to give explicit consent and affirm my age.