"You have posted in this thread" - is this new?

poolboy48220
This topic is 1718 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I just noticed that some threads have a little box with a "P" in it (covers the lower right corner of the picture of the person who started the thread). I hover over it and it says "You have posted 3 message(s) in this thread". Is this a new feature, or have I just not been paying attention?

News to me. But I don't see that on my phone. What I see is my icon affixed to the icon of the person who started the thread on threads I've contributed to.

Oh wait. We are talking about the same thing. Yours is a "P"'because that's your icon. Yes, it's done that for awhile.

Gman

News to me. But I don't see that on my phone. What I see is my icon affixed to the icon of the person who started the thread on threads I've contributed to.

Oh wait. We are talking about the same thing. Yours is a "P"'because that's your icon. Yes, it's done that for awhile.

Gman

lol His icon is a P :rolleyes:

I realized that after I posted, so I edited before your comment showed up.

Gman

• 2 weeks later...
But if you'll notice, it looks exactly like your icon.

I had noticed the icon there forever (well, I don't know when it first registered that it was there) and had always seen my avatar there for my comments, so the speculation above about what the P represented was obvious to me. I hadn't noticed that it showed how many times I had posted.

On a separate note, I just noticed the Red dot / Green dot min the upper right of each members Avatar pic in the thread, and if you hover over that, it lets you know if the member is "online" or not. I had never noticed this before, but then again I am booted from here so often, it's hard to keep up with new gizmos.....:D

On a separate note, I just noticed the Red dot / Green dot min the upper right of each members Avatar pic in the thread, and if you hover over that, it lets you know if the member is "online" or not. I had never noticed this before, but then again I am booted from here so often, it's hard to keep up with new gizmos.....:D

In my browser it was a green triangle in the upper left corner, reminiscient of the things that used to let you stick hard-copy photographs in albums ...