Vintage men

8 minutes ago, Danny-Darko said:

Circa 1905. "A life guard. Brighton Beach, New York.". Detroit Publishing Company glass negative.

nT_jjyvcshf7ce6kpj6afcyy40r.jpg

Love this image, @Danny-Darko. Thanks for posting! I was interested that the lifeguard's shirt appears to say "Parkway Beach." Apparently Parkway was an earlier name for Brighton Beach. I also found the handsome lifeguard identified as one Henry Sharpe, and this slightly closer-up look at him ...

tumblr_po48s9ddh51wycayxo1_540.jpg

ROBERT STACK (AGE 32) AND GILBERT ROLAND (AGE 46) IN BULLFIGHTER AND THE LADY, 1951

tumblr_og8srz1pkr1qe4ru4o1_500.gifv

tumblr_og8srz1pkr1qe4ru4o2_500.gifv

tumblr_og8srz1pkr1qe4ru4o3_500.gifv

Chuck Regan (ROBERT STACK), a young American film producer, travels to Mexico, where he takes up bullfighting to impress a local beauty, Aging matador Manolo Estrada (GILBERT ROLAND) reluctantly agrees to teach the brash, self-centered younger man.

4 hours ago, Whitman said:

ROBERT STACK (AGE 32) AND GILBERT ROLAND (AGE 46) IN BULLFIGHTER AND THE LADY, 1951

tumblr_og8srz1pkr1qe4ru4o1_500.gifv

tumblr_og8srz1pkr1qe4ru4o2_500.gifv

tumblr_og8srz1pkr1qe4ru4o3_500.gifv

Chuck Regan (ROBERT STACK), a young American film producer, travels to Mexico, where he takes up bullfighting to impress a local beauty, Aging matador Manolo Estrada (GILBERT ROLAND) reluctantly agrees to teach the brash, self-centered younger man.

gee, Robert and Gil....your faces are drifting a bit close to each other there....steam in the background......towels and shirtless......hmmm.....I wonder about this, uhhh, mystery......

Eb9iY_-U8AAGWiy.jpg:large

Edited by azdr0710

4 hours ago, Whitman said:

Love this image, @Danny-Darko. Thanks for posting! I was interested that the lifeguard's shirt appears to say "Parkway Beach." Apparently Parkway was an earlier name for Brighton Beach. I also found the handsome lifeguard identified as one Henry Sharpe, and this slightly closer-up look at him ...

tumblr_po48s9ddh51wycayxo1_540.jpg

WOW, thanks for the additional information about this vintage pic. I love knowing the history behind these old photographs.