Bandwidth question

This topic is 1665 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Sometimes, after I post photos of a hot dude, the picture is replaced by a sign that says "Stop stealing bandwidth." Does my posting of a photo here or on the BoyToy Gay Male Forums cause someone to lose money somewhere? Or does it slow down his website? What do they mean by that sign?

Sometimes, after I post photos of a hot dude, the picture is replaced by a sign that says "Stop stealing bandwidth." Does my posting of a photo here or on the BoyToy Gay Male Forums cause someone to lose money somewhere? Or does it slow down his website? What do they mean by that sign?

Interesting, particularly since here you are just posting a link to a photo, not the photo itself. I've never experienced that myself.

Just download the pic, upload it to a free hosting site and then delete it from your machine.

https://imgbb.com/

Yes, extra steps, but you'd be surprised at how much bandwidth costs a website.

Thanks for the advice. I'll do that when I can (though it's much more time-consuming). I have to wonder, though. If bandwidth is so expensive, why is this site apparently giving it out for free? Or am I just confused?

Some commercial websites pay for their data-usage, If you’re posting links only, the host website is paying data usage. If you’re posting the photo, the hosting website buys the data usage.

This is why Message-Forum.net prevents posting photos, only links.

Thanks for the advice. I'll do that when I can (though it's much more time-consuming). I have to wonder, though. If bandwidth is so expensive, why is this site apparently giving it out for free? Or am I just confused?

Confused. You can not post photos, only links to photos on the m-f.