Living around Santa Fe, NM, USA

E.T.Bass
This topic is 1522 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did I miss something @WilliamM ? How does Patti Smith relate to living in Santa Fe?

Patti Smith would fit right in in Santa Fe. That's how. :)

A few years I sat next to Patti Smith on a Delta flight on my way back home from a concert where she made a cameo.

Thread hijacking over now. Back to normal programming.

Having led the way on legalizing cannabis, I suspect Denver is the "highest" state capital. A friend of mine used to refer to it as the Mildly High City.

It's definitely true to some extent. Washington actually legalized it at the same time, but I visited Seattle the summer after legalization and it was not nearly as ostentatious about it as Denver is. Dispensaries everywhere with neon green marijuana signs, lots of local cannabis "culture," 420 being a big thing here. It's calmed down a bit. I was glad that COVID actually cancelled 420 this year. It's always a shitshow every year. And there are a lot of Denverites that are not into pot at all. Still plenty of great breweries, bars, restaurants and of course a great outdoor, active culture.