face masks versus face shields during COVID-19

EZEtoGRU
This topic is 1429 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I was told to avoid a mask with an exhalation valve on the front. It is far less effective in stopping droplets from spreading to others. I found this to help explain. If your aim is to not just protect yourself but others as well, you may want to reconsider. ?

https://www.popsci.com/story/health/face-mask-valve-covid/

Masks with exhalation valves are extremely obnoxious, in my view. They're basically saying "I want to protect myself, but I don't care about you." They are not allowed in my place of work (a medical office), and they should be completely banned during the current pandemic.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Masks with exhalation valves are extremely obnoxious, in my view. They're basically saying "I want to protect myself, but I don't care about you." They are not allowed in my place of work (a medical office), and they should be completely banned during the current pandemic.

Not sure I would go that far. I suspect most folks just don’t realize how the valve operate and the impact it has; I would say they are unaware rather than obnoxious.?