COVID-19 Article in the ROLLING STONE Magazine

Axiom2001
This topic is 1501 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

About five minutes ago, I received a post from Dustin Lance Black on my Facebook page. The post was in reference to an article that appears in ROLLING STONE Magazine. ... thought it profound, salient, troubling, and rather thought-provoking and chose to share in this space.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/political-commentary/covid-19-end-of-american-era-wade-davis-10...

About five minutes ago, I received a post from Dustin Lance Black on my Facebook page. The post was in reference to an article that appears in ROLLING STONE Magazine. ... thought it profound, salient, troubling, and rather thought-provoking and chose to share in this space.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/political-commentary/covid-19-end-of-american-era-wade-davis-10...

Not only the production of artificial rubber, B52 and Liberty ships mentioned in the article but also the Alaska highway and the Manhattan project while fighting a war in 2 fronts but now we had bad leadership and some have a distrust for science while othrers lack personal responsibility.

Edited by marylander1940

Interesting article. One factual error, though, or ambiguous wording: the USA pandemic mortality rate by incidence of infection (6%) is about the same as globally (5%), not 6 times greater as that would be a whopping 30% when it is only 1% difference. The author likely meant to convey the USA death toll by total population is greater than globally; it is: by 5.3 times, but latency in developing nations will likely shift that comparison.

He also highlights BC (his home) as an example of Canada doing relatively better but neglects to point out that Quebec’s death toll is 20% greater than USA overall. Only 9 states’ death tolls exceed Quebec’s. Ontario and Quebec combined are comparable to USA overall.

Edited by SirBIllybob