(Maybe Not So) Controversial Topic | Client Research on Clients

MysticMenace
This topic is 1387 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Based on the threads I have read so far, a lot of members in the forum have been pretty good at doing due diligence and research on providers (e.g., new providers, providers that constantly change names, fake profiles, veracity of IvyLeague credentials ;)). Admittedly, I still suck at it, but I admire those that have managed to master this research skill. Curious though, have any of us attempted to or continually applied this skill on figuring out which client profiles match with which members in the forum? I figured if someone was really bored, they could probably look at the providers I mentioned I have reviewed and check the least common denominator to figure out who I am on RM. In theory, sounds doable, but it just seems like too much work. I do wonder if some of us have done it, and if so, is it just done out of curiosity, or are there other reasons for doing it?

For those that have thought of something like this, could this possibly be a reason why some 'lurkers' or members would not actively contribute out of fear that their anonymity would be compromised?

I use the same handle on RM as I do on here and Daddy Reviews so it would be really easy to find me on there. I basically just post only five-star positive reviews on RM and then do a more detailed review on here.

I haven't really ever attempted to connect those dots. I suppose one reason to do so would be to PM someone on here based on a review on RM. Like you saw they reviewed,"SexyDude" so you want to have a conversation on here to get details in case you're interested in hiring same SexyDude. You could technically also message on RM, but maybe this is easier. ?‍♂️