Yay Math!

MysticMenace

You guys are serious! And I'm flashing back to ninth grade where there is a test with word problems! In Algebra! The panic I felt was worse than Mama leaving me in the Kmart by myself when I was five. Just went next door for a moment. Left me with the manager. I thought I had been sold off! 

The best thing about being in your sixties is that they promised me I never have to see, or do, a word problems ever again. Until today. 

My therapist will be sending you the bill. HORRIBLE!!!!

55 minutes ago, Becket said:

You guys are serious! And I'm flashing back to ninth grade where there is a test with word problems! In Algebra! The panic I felt was worse than Mama leaving me in the Kmart by myself when I was five. Just went next door for a moment. Left me with the manager. I thought I had been sold off! 

The best thing about being in your sixties is that they promised me I never have to see, or do, a word problems ever again. Until today. 

I wan't bad at math by any stretch, but it wasn't my favourite or best subject.  It is the one subject that I still periodically have nightmares about all these many years later.  Always a relief to wake up from those!

1 hour ago, Becket said:

19 minutes ago, CuriousByNature said:

I wan't bad at math by any stretch, but it wasn't my favourite or best subject.  It is the one subject that I still periodically have nightmares about all these many years later.  Always a relief to wake up from those!

I got 770/800 on my math SAT (660 on the English).  I'm always calculating sports stats in my head or dividing numbers I see during the day by 3 or 7, or other stuff like that.

Edited by samhexum
To maintain the incredibly high standards I have established here

• 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, azdr0710 said:

I'm guessing 96  (?)

5 minutes ago, samhexum said:

I posted just as you did.

You made it just before me because I had to take the time to change the color of my answer to match the numbers in the problem.  The price of being an empath, I guess...

13 hours ago, MysticMenace said:

image.thumb.png.9d07a977347467295604bea2b607a854.png

Just because you write a lot of incorrect equations above it, doesn’t change the fact that 8 +11 = 19.

Same logic as: "Who are three people who've never been in my kitchen?"

Anyone get the reference?

Edited by nycman

15 minutes ago, nycman said:

Just because you write a lot of incorrect equations about it, doesn’t change the fact that 8 +11 = 19.

Same logic as: "Who are three people who've never been in my kitchen?"

Anyone get the reference?

“Interesting little article here. It says that, uh… the average human being only uses 17% of his brain. Boy, you realize what that means? We don’t use a full, uh… 64%.” - Cliff Clavin

I did have to pull this back to the thread topic somehow......

Edited by azdr0710