The Last Person in a War to Get Shot

Luv2play
This topic is 1191 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

7 minutes ago, Unicorn said:

I agree that the delta mutation could add a bad twist to this story, especially with almost 1 in 3 Americans refusing to get vaccinated. Yesterday Israel reported vaccinated people have gotten sick with it, though not seriously. I don't feel bad about the unvaccinated in the US, since that's purely their choice to ignore the health experts. For the vaccinated, the risk is similar to the risk of influenza after getting the influenza shot: you might still get sick, but almost certainly won't die from it. With such a massive number of unvaccinated, however, there's still a chance of the healthcare system being overwhelmed. At least almost all of the most vulnerable have been vaccinated. I would feel very bad, though, for those few who can't be vaccinated, and for healthcare workers if the numbers become overwhelming. Canadians could get bitten in the ass, too, if they don't step up their vaccination efforts. 

Looking at the chart in the NYT today, Canada is more than 10 percent ahead on single vaccinations and closing in fast on fully vaccinated. By mid July the US will be trailing. They seem to have flatlined.

28 minutes ago, Luv2play said:

Looking at the chart in the NYT today, Canada is more than 10 percent ahead on single vaccinations and closing in fast on fully vaccinated. By mid July the US will be trailing. They seem to have flatlined.

Gotta hand it to the Canucks--they're wiser on this subject. Nice going! Canada's all over Australia on this matter...

image.jpeg.e87fd0070e7294eff156090f71803b7c.jpeg