Fall Foliage 2021 where to go

Cooper
This topic is 923 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Autumn is such a beautiful season. I took a trip to the Catskills area in Putnam County, NY. The colors and weather this season were perfect! I walked along the Empire State Trailway which extends from the Bronx to the Canadian border. It was recently written up in the Sunday NY Times Travel Section. 

One special area I walked was the pedestrian bridge that crosses the Croton Reservoir. There, the Autumn colors reflected off the crystal clear waters that eventually will become the drinking water for NYC. 

I enjoyed the pleasant smell of the falling leaves that filled the fresh clean air and the amazing colors the leaves created in what was like a carpet covering the trail.

The sunshine  added comfortable warmth and a beautiful sparkling to the colors. 

I walked for about 4 miles, took many pictures, and had such a relaxing & peaceful day with my friends. 

The leaves in that area have all fallen as the peak season isn’t that long. Also, the gusty winds we recently had took all the remaining leaves off the trees. 

There’s no cost to walking the Empire State Trailway which was once a RR line. You can pick the trail up in multiple places where parking is available. Not only were people walking but there were joggers, bikers, parents pushing strollers, dog walkers, etc. Occasionally, I would see deer grazing along the trail. 

I truly enjoy the 4 Seasons in NY. Nature has so much beauty to offer. 

5 hours ago, Cooper said:

Autumn is such a beautiful season. I took a trip to the Catskills area in Putnam County, NY. The colors and weather this season were perfect! I walked along the Empire State Trailway which extends from the Bronx to the Canadian border. It was recently written up in the Sunday NY Times Travel Section. 

One special area I walked was the pedestrian bridge that crosses the Croton Reservoir. There, the Autumn colors reflected off the crystal clear waters that eventually will become the drinking water for NYC. 

I enjoyed the pleasant smell of the falling leaves that filled the fresh clean air and the amazing colors the leaves created in what was like a carpet covering the trail.

The sunshine  added comfortable warmth and a beautiful sparkling to the colors. 

I walked for about 4 miles, took many pictures, and had such a relaxing & peaceful day with my friends. 

The leaves in that area have all fallen as the peak season isn’t that long. Also, the gusty winds we recently had took all the remaining leaves off the trees. 

There’s no cost to walking the Empire State Trailway which was once a RR line. You can pick the trail up in multiple places where parking is available. Not only were people walking but there were joggers, bikers, parents pushing strollers, dog walkers, etc. Occasionally, I would see deer grazing along the trail. 

I truly enjoy the 4 Seasons in NY. Nature has so much beauty to offer. 

Autumn is my favorite time of year. Love the fall colors in the northeast. Did a trip 2 weeks ago to the Brandywine valley in Delaware and that was nice too :)

• 1 month later...