Spas in NYC

Guy Fawkes

5 hours ago, Jackylas said:

I think it’s more on paying card for service but tip with cash. If that’s the case , HK, 27, and any others take card for the service it self?

28 men spa takes card but may charge 5-7% fee. I don’t remember exactly.

Regarding the tip, when I went to Shangri-la in 2019 I paid by card and put my tip on my card too (I didn't have any cash on me) and the masseur seemed very grateful (I tipped 100% because he went above and beyond) so I think the tips paid by card are still correctly distributed to the corresponding masseur. I would hope so. 

5 hours ago, Wolfer said:

Regarding the tip, when I went to Shangri-la in 2019 I paid by card and put my tip on my card too (I didn't have any cash on me) and the masseur seemed very grateful (I tipped 100% because he went above and beyond) so I think the tips paid by card are still correctly distributed to the corresponding masseur. I would hope so. 

I had a masseur at a NYC spa who I got pretty close to and he told me that often when you tip on the card, the masseurs have no clue how much you tipped and some spa owners will cheat the workers by not giving them the full amount because they don’t get the tip automatically like they would cash. I don’t know if this is true everywhere but I now only tip in Cash, even if I pay for the service with a card and I always give the provider the tip directly. This method seems to be very appreciated by the masseurs and they often are more enthusiastic about seeing me because of it. 

Edited by Aa11aa

20 minutes ago, Aa11aa said:

I had a masseur at a NYC spa who I got pretty close to and he told me that often when you tip on the card, the masseurs have no clue how much you tipped and some spa owners will cheat the workers by not giving them the full amount because they don’t get the tip automatically like they would cash. I don’t know if this is true everywhere but I now only tip in Cash, even if I pay for the service with a card and I always give the provider the tip directly. This method seems to be very appreciated by the masseurs and they often are more enthusiastic about seeing me because of it. 

This is true, and they also charge the masseurs the tax for the tips, depending on how much you tip them. So they do not get the 100%. Better in cash.

On 8/8/2024 at 9:40 AM, Lcdn78 said:

Any recent experiences at Renew York Spa? Feel free to DM

Just saw Peter for the first time.  Well worth the energy to get there on a Friday.  He seems busy so call ahead.  

On 8/10/2024 at 1:40 PM, loop2loop said:

Just saw Peter for the first time.  Well worth the energy to get there on a Friday.  He seems busy so call ahead.  

Peter is well worth it, especially for the finishing touches. He doesn't speak english well, but be sure to let him know what to focus on so he knows and he will. 

On 7/26/2024 at 6:56 AM, Wolfer said:

Is this the tall athletic Rodrigo that used to work at Shangri-la in 2019 (and speaks fluent English)? How odd he came in personally to tell you he couldn't do the massage (instead of another masseur just telling you he wasn't available) 

He’s tall. Not sure where he was before that. Yeah it was super weird and made me very uncomfortable. Not sure what his issue is. The one time I saw him he gave a great massage and I tipped him well. 

On 5/23/2024 at 5:42 PM, Benhby said:

Hi everyone. I need some advice. 
I have two choices now for our third location. One is at east village. 7 th st.    One is at k town 33 st.   Which one you guys think is more convenient for travel ?  Thank you 💞💞💞

Hi what did you decide ? 😊

On 5/23/2024 at 5:42 PM, Benhby said:

Hi everyone. I need some advice. 
I have two choices now for our third location. One is at east village. 7 th st.    One is at k town 33 st.   Which one you guys think is more convenient for travel ?  Thank you 💞💞💞

East village would be amazing :)

Been looking for a new regular 

I used to go to Yeah Man a lot to visit Tsiang. But he seems to not be on the schedule anymore. Any recs for any good asian male masseuse!? Don’t mind older guys either 

Edited by FriendlyCruiser