Spas in NYC

Guy Fawkes

So far tried some spa's , where i was expecting some extras as the massage progress. Appreciate if anyone can provide an intel where extras can be expected . new here to the city and trying to check out and explore few . Please DM if anyone like to share the details .

Hi all.  I’ve been to a few of these several of the spas and generally had positive experience without any  discussion of tipping before the end of the massage.  What is the tipping norm for a good massage with a good ending?

11 minutes ago, JayBK said:

Hi all.  I’ve been to a few of these several of the spas and generally had positive experience without any  discussion of tipping before the end of the massage.  What is the tipping norm for a good massage with a good ending?

Given that the base rate is so affordable, and the masseurs get only a pittance of that rate, it's really nice to tip on the higher end, especially if they give great service. Usually it's between 40 to 50% but if they give stellar service I'd highly recommend to tip (a lot) more.

47 minutes ago, Wolfer said:

Given that the base rate is so affordable, and the masseurs get only a pittance of that rate, it's really nice to tip on the higher end, especially if they give great service. Usually it's between 40 to 50% but if they give stellar service I'd highly recommend to tip (a lot) more.

Thanks. I’ve been tipping 80-100% based on affordability and the experience. I wanted to make sure I wasn’t unknowingly being cheap. Also wasn’t sure what the masseur was expecting.

2 hours ago, JayBK said:

Also if people wanna DM for what they tip based on what massage includes, that would be great!

Last night in town. Tried HK and Chelsea already (got a Danny/Daniel in each ironically). 

Where should I go tonight? In union square until around 9 if that makes a difference  

I figure 27 is going to be the same as HK which was good and can be a fall back. Staying near Penn so easy to get around 😂

28 men’s spa, W man, energy, Times Square?

DM is cool. No preference on ethnicity of masseur as long as they give a good massage. 

On 9/10/2024 at 1:56 PM, JayBK said:

Thanks. I’ve been tipping 80-100% based on affordability and the experience. I wanted to make sure I wasn’t unknowingly being cheap. Also wasn’t sure what the masseur was expecting.

At the lower priced ones(i.e. 60ish per hour), 40-50% is low for a happy ending. Consider that the rentmasseur people are charging 160 that they keep for similar sevice. If you're tipping 40-50% the masseur is netting less than half what the rentmasseur guy gets.

On 7/26/2024 at 6:56 AM, Wolfer said:

Is this the tall athletic Rodrigo that used to work at Shangri-la in 2019 (and speaks fluent English)? How odd he came in personally to tell you he couldn't do the massage (instead of another masseur just telling you he wasn't available) 

yeah it was soooo strange and felt somewhat personal