Its been one year...

RadioRob
This topic is 834 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

It's hard to believe it has been a year since we last heard from @Guy Fawkes.  On February 19, 2021... Daddy posted a simple message on the review site noting that he had a cold.  

image.png

He managed to hold on and fight for a little over a month before finally losing his battle.  

There is a more formal tribute planned for the one year memorial... but in the mean time, it did not feel right to not take a moment and remember someone who had devoted so much of his life to helping the site and it's members.  

Here's to hoping he's holding court somewhere in the sky and looking down at us watching what he built continue to live on.  I pray he was able to find peace and that hope that we have made him proud of what we've been able to accomplish despite not having him around any longer.   

“The comfort of having a friend may be taken away, but not that of having had one” – Seneca

On 2/20/2022 at 10:04 PM, purplekow said:

I hardly seems possible that it has been a year.  I hope at this year's Palm Spring Event that we raise a glass to him and perhaps stand around the tree that was planted in his name.   Singing Kumbaya may be overdoing it a bit but with Guy you never know, he may have enjoyed that.  

Blessed Be~ 😉

• 4 weeks later...

Wasn't it in March of last year when @Cooperwas saving the website? Once it was known that Guy Fawkes had passed, efforts were made to secure the site. I think without @Coopernone of us would be posting today. Granted, others came along. A guy named, I think, @RadioRobbecame very helpful too.🙂

Anyway, thanks to all who saved the site. But it starts with @Cooper!

I remember those troubled times when we didn't know if the site would be here in the next hour. Fawkes hadn't made it easy to find things.

@Cooper's first priority was to see if he could get medical help as Daddy lay on the floor. He did get the cops there and then tuned his attention to saving the website. Daddy had left no heir. I think Cooper worked 20 hour days helping find people who could help both Daddy and the website.

Now he is our chief administrator, and I, for one, think he is doing a wonderful job. I am glad that so many have joined as moderators to help ease his burden.

I remember that Hooboy was usually traveling to Europe and Asia which left Daddy partly in charge.

Hooboy had a stroke and was away from the United States without health insurance. He passed away shortly after the stroke.

Loyal Daddy was now in charge.

God bless him