Alain Delon asks to undergo assisted suicide and writes a farewell message

marylander1940
This topic is 907 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

On 4/3/2022 at 1:43 PM, Unicorn said:

You said "Three nights before her chosen time, she attended a final night of theatre..". Do you mean to tell me that it was just a coincidence, and that the theater had no idea of her plans? I find that a little difficult to believe, and the implication of your post was that this was part of a grand farewell plan. Also, you said "Won't bother responding further." If you lied about that, about what else are you not being upfront?

What an usual response. Many people are kind, without a monetary agenda.

Just now, WilliamM said:

What an usual response. Many people are kind, without a monetary agenda.

My father dropped out of Tuft Medical School after the first year. He enlisted as an officer in the Second World War and was stationed as an engineer near Manila. Now I understand.

On 4/1/2022 at 2:30 PM, foxy said:

I’ve always felt we are kinder to our pets than we are to humans. Recently a friend of mine had a much loved dog of 9 years The dog had a terminal illness. After trying various treatments her vet said it was time to let the dog go. The vet made a house call and they put the dog on my friends bed. They made the lighting soft and soothing. Her dog walker was there plus a neighbor who would borrow the dog to play in the park. They all told the dog how much they loved him and stroked his fur as the vet administered a shot and the dog fell asleep and slipped away without any pain surrounded by people who loved him. 
We should all be so fortunate to pass on in such a beautiful way. 

My mother had a stroke that put her into a vegetative state. She was on a morphine infusion. At 2 or 3 pm, the nurse walked in, gave an additional dose, and upped the infusion. Right on pharmacokinetic time, she died about 15 minutes later. 
I’ll add that I had received “The Call” at six in the morning.. she’d been incubated, and a neurosurgeon was on her case. I asked him if there were any chance of an appreciable recovery. I was assured there wasn’t. 
I got on the phone to the ER doctor. 
“I want to thank you for all you’ve done. Don’t do anything else.”

”That’s what your step-father said.”

”And he would be right. Don’t do anything else.”

The Hospital told us later that they were surprised at the forcefulness of our responses. From the time I entered medical school, my Mother had told me about what to do in just those circumstances. So I was ready. 
But, in absence of any euthanasia laws, frankly it was between malpractice and murder. 
Of which: I was watching something about the death of King George V. Historically, his physician had administered “gr. 3/4” of morphine. Three-quarter grain. That should be about 45 mg. They read “gr” as “grams” and reported 750 mg. Also, “gr 1” of cocaine. Again, I doubt this was one gram. 

18 hours ago, gallahadesquire said:

...she’d been incubated...

image.png.ec702cbcfc4e8c5b97e46d50bfd9f8a7.png

19 hours ago, gallahadesquire said:

....”

The Hospital told us later that they were surprised at the forcefulness of our responses...

I'm not sure I understood your posting. What was forceful about your responses? So the OD was intentional? Was she in pain?