‘Homophobic’ first-class passenger arrested in flight attendant assault

Lucky
This topic is 789 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

4 hours ago, Rudynate said:

When I went to Dallas last week, the guy next to me had 4 drinks.  He could obviously hold his booze - didn't misbehave or anything, but I thought "4 drinks in two hours?  Kind of a lot." But then, I don't drink, so 4 drinks might not seem much to somebody who drinks.  But I doubt whether he would have passed a breathylzer after he deplaned.

Depends on his weight, obviously. During 2 hours, one would metabolize 0.03%. Add to that the time it takes to land, taxi, deplane, collect luggage, and get to the car, and he could very easily be quite legal by the time he got to driving his car (if he was driving), unless he doesn't weight very much.

Blood Alcohol Content Chart | Templates at allbusinesstemplates.com

46 minutes ago, Unicorn said:

Depends on his weight, obviously. During 2 hours, one would metabolize 0.03%. Add to that the time it takes to land, taxi, deplane, collect luggage, and get to the car, and he could very easily be quite legal by the time he got to driving his car (if he was driving), unless he doesn't weight very much.

Blood Alcohol Content Chart | Templates at allbusinesstemplates.com

He was a big guy - 6"2' or more and was on the heavy side - easily over 200#.

One has to take into account that alcohol dehydrogenase which helps in the metabolism of alcohol is an inducible enzyme.  The more you drink chronically, the higher the levels of this enzyme and the quicker you metabolize the alcohol. Intake of some foods will also delay alcohol absorption.   So size, frequency of drinking, food intake all will play a role.  And while he may reach levels which are legally in the intoxicated range, many people who drink alcohol chronically can function well, even when their blood alcohol level would make them legally intoxicated.  

The other aspect of the situation described would relate to how much alcohol the passenger had prior to getting on the plane.  

5 hours ago, Rudynate said:

He was a big guy - 6"2' or more and was on the heavy side - easily over 200#.

Then there's no way he could be over the limit, even 30 minutes after his last drink. Not that I recommend driving with a BAL of 0.065%, but, if as @purplekow said, if he drinks on a daily basis, he could be minimally impaired. 

2 hours ago, Unicorn said:

Then there's no way he could be over the limit, even 30 minutes after his last drink. Not that I recommend driving with a BAL of 0.065%, but, if as @purplekow said, if he drinks on a daily basis, he could be minimally impaired. 

I didn't care that much, I was thinking I was witnessing a First Class phenomenon - people wolfing down the the free drinks in First Class.

On 5/1/2022 at 8:17 PM, Unicorn said:

Nerd Alert!

Going  back some 45 years in my professional Career path, I always read (current, not past tense) BAL as British anti-Lewisite, which is a heavy metal cheating agent used to neutralize chemical warfare, especially the Arsenic-based Lewisite. 

[im a combination of an anesthesiologist with an interest in toxicology,  and an inorganic chemist … other nerdly]

On 5/1/2022 at 8:15 PM, Rudynate said:

I didn't care that much, I was thinking I was witnessing a First Class phenomenon - people wolfing down the the free drinks in First Class.

Actually, I'm often surprised by how little 1st class passengers drink. Half don't seem to drink at all. Some do drink quite a bit, though. Same for the AAdmirals' Club. There's free hooch, but most of the people there don't partake. Don't get me wrong--quite a few do, a few quite a bit. I've never seen anyone get drunk, though. 

6 hours ago, Unicorn said:

Actually, I'm often surprised by how little 1st class passengers drink. Half don't seem to drink at all. Some do drink quite a bit, though. Same for the AAdmirals' Club. There's free hooch, but most of the people there don't partake. Don't get me wrong--quite a few do, a few quite a bit. I've never seen anyone get drunk, though. 

They save a lot on me.  I usually have water or a single diet coke.  Since air travel is such a pain I don't do long trips.

On 4/28/2022 at 9:55 AM, sync said:

My take from what I read is that first-class disrupters are afforded more tolerance than economy-class disrupters.

Well you can imagine….”homophobic”….”first class passanger”……..the perfect combination!!!…..🤣🤣🤣