Gay Aussie Olympian Simon Dunn appears to have offed himself

One wonders why such a talented, handsome, caring man would take his own life. 😢 To look at him, you'd think most people would be happy to be in his shoes. I wonder what went on in his mind. Did he reach out to anyone? Such a tragedy for someone who seemed to have so much going for him cut his life short. 😭

Openly gay pro athlete Simon Dunn dies at 35 - Queerty

No photo description available.

https://geniuscelebs.com/simon-dunn-death-cause-and-obituary-did-he-die/

"The 35-year-old Dunn made bobsledding history by becoming the first openly gay athlete to compete for their [sic] nation. After giving up football in 2016, he picked up rugby and began frequently playing for the all-gay Sydney Convicts. To qualify for the 2022 Winter Olympics, Dunn returned to the bobsled in 2021. But when he tore his bicep, his dream was over.

In 2018 and 2019, Dunn was a finalist for the Australian LGBTI Awards Sports Personality of the Year honor. He had previously declared that his passion would always be serving his local community and advocacy groups while looking into new ways to give back. The untimely passing of former bobsledder and rugby player Simon Dunn at age 35 has shocked the Australian sporting and artistic communities. The out-gay athlete played rugby for the Sydney Convicts and represented Australia in bobsledding.

According to early reports, Simon Dunn’s death cause is suicide. The Police and his agent, Ruby Rose Management, confirmed his death. According to NSW Police, Dunn’s body was discovered in his Sydney apartment on Saturday morning, and there is no indication that the circumstances are suspicious."

Edited by Unicorn

6 hours ago, Unicorn said:

I wonder what could make him snap so suddenly??

The Sydney Star-Observer noted that, “In November 2022, Dunn and his partner of five years, Felix Maisey-Curtis, announced that they had parted ways. Dunn and Felix made headline news around the world in 2018 when they were captured kissing on the rugby pitch. Dunn said that the couple had mutually decided to go their separate ways ‘after a rough year of personal loss.’”

The loss of love can definitely send people over the edge. Particularly adrenaline junkies who are accustomed to success.

8 hours ago, Unicorn said:

Wow. I just looked at his FB page, and he just posted this 1/19/23. I wonder what could make him snap so suddenly??

I think it’s time for another photoshoot?! #tbt
May be a black-and-white image of 2 people, beard and indoor

Enough with the photos, please let him rest in peace

13 hours ago, Unicorn said:

One wonders why such a talented, handsome, caring man would take his own life. 😢 To look at him, you'd think most people would be happy to be in his shoes. I wonder what went on in his mind. Did he reach out to anyone? Such a tragedy for someone who seemed to have so much going for him cut his life short. 😭

"The 35-year-old Dunn made bobsledding history by becoming the first openly gay athlete to compete for their [sic] nation. After giving up football in 2016, he picked up rugby and began frequently playing for the all-gay Sydney Convicts. To qualify for the 2022 Winter Olympics, Dunn returned to the bobsled in 2021. But when he tore his bicep, his dream was over.

In 2018 and 2019, Dunn was a finalist for the Australian LGBTI Awards Sports Personality of the Year honor. He had previously declared that his passion would always be serving his local community and advocacy groups while looking into new ways to give back. The untimely passing of former bobsledder and rugby player Simon Dunn at age 35 has shocked the Australian sporting and artistic communities. The out-gay athlete played rugby for the Sydney Convicts and represented Australia in bobsledding.

According to early reports, Simon Dunn’s death cause is suicide. The Police and his agent, Ruby Rose Management, confirmed his death. According to NSW Police, Dunn’s body was discovered in his Sydney apartment on Saturday morning, and there is no indication that the circumstances are suspicious."

Could not many, many of your photos be  posted in the Gallery here.

15 hours ago, Unicorn said:

I remember a priest's homily (from way back when I used to go to mass on the regular) in which he reminded us that self-preservation is the most powerful of human instincts.  He spoke in the context of how so many say that suicide is selfish, that the person who commits suicide is thinking only of themselves, not the pain of others, etc.  For a person to commit suicide, to overcome the most basic instinct of self-preservation, their pain & despair must be beyond what we the living can comprehend.

I'm OK with the pictures of Simon Dunn because they provide some context.  We see the man's stunning physical beauty and ostensibly wonderful life and are baffled that someone with so much going for him would commit suicide.  But that's just it, we only saw the outside.  We'll never see his interior life, what he was dealing with that made him lose all hope.  R.I.P.

9 minutes ago, BSR said:

I remember a priest's homily (from way back when I used to go to mass on the regular) in which he reminded us that self-preservation is the most powerful of human instincts.  He spoke in the context of how so many say that suicide is selfish, that the person who commits suicide is thinking only of themselves, not the pain of others, etc.  For a person to commit suicide, to overcome the most basic instinct of self-preservation, their pain & despair must be beyond what we the living can comprehend.

I'm OK with the pictures of Simon Dunn because they provide some context.  We see the man's stunning physical beauty and ostensibly wonderful life and are baffled that someone with so much going for him would commit suicide.  But that's just it, we only saw the outside.  We'll never see his interior life, what he was dealing with that made him lose all hope.  R.I.P.

We absolutely did not  need three photos.

My uncle was a liberal priest and my first cousin is a nun, they would. Never agree with the priest you mentioned