Thinking about karma last night

On last night's news we saw/heard about tornadoes devastating Tennessee, then about how a law took effect today (April 1st) making drag shows effectively illegal in that state. It got us thinking....

Video] A Rainbow and Tornado Appeared Simultaneously in a Rare Phenomenon  in Texas - Texas is Life

Rainbows + Tornado? Top 5 Unusual Rainbows - YouTube

4 hours ago, Unicorn said:

On last night's news we saw/heard about tornadoes devastating Tennessee, then about how a law took effect today (April 1st) making drag shows effectively illegal in that state. It got us thinking....

Ya....um no.  That's no different than people in the 80's saying AIDS was payback for the queers.  Thankfully, things don't work that way in the real world.

1 hour ago, EZEtoGRU said:

Ya....um no.  That's no different than people in the 80's saying AIDS was payback for the queers.  Thankfully, things don't work that way in the real world.

That was our point. That part of the country, still persecuting the LGBT+ community to this day, was the part where they were saying AIDS was payback. Tornados seem to demonstrate the hypocrisy. 

15 hours ago, Unicorn said:

That part of the country, still persecuting the LGBT+ community t

This statement is overly dramatic.

No one is "persecuting" the whole community.

They are simply putting an end to indoctrination in public places.

I am openly bisexual, spent years identifying as gay and I wouldn't have wanted drag-queens reading books to my kids in elementary school.  I think this sort of thing is going to upset MOST parents. My kids are now teenagers and are old enough to understand issues of nonbinary sexuality, transgenderism and other social issues. Elementary school is not an appropriate point in their development.

So let's not lose sight of reality. No God didn't punish them for rejecting drag shows.

Neither nature nor weather have an agenda, and both act with neither malice nor pity.

But those who accept such notions as the sins of the father being visited on the sons to the seventh generation tend to see an "unseen" hand acting in retribution for real or imagined transgressions.

Let us rise above such nonsense. By god!😉

Moderator's Note

Gentlemen, please remember that this thread is about the role (or not) of karma or a god, in this case in reference to HIV and to drag queen legislation.  Discussions of the motives for the enactment of the laws, or their merits cross firmly into the realm of politics. Please help us to keep politics out of the Lounge.