Silly state of US classified documents?

One wonders why some 21 year-old Massachusetts Air Guardsman would have access to supposedly sensitive documents. If that's all it takes, I'd imagine foreign governments already know all that stuff...

Primele imagini de la arestarea lui Jack Teixeira, suspectul în scandalul  scurgerilor de documente secrete de

16 hours ago, Unicorn said:

One wonders why some 21 year-old Massachusetts Air Guardsman would have access to supposedly sensitive documents. If that's all it takes, I'd imagine foreign governments already know all that stuff...

Primele imagini de la arestarea lui Jack Teixeira, suspectul în scandalul  scurgerilor de documente secrete de

Rank or age doesn't have anything to do with it - it's the clearance.  When I was in the military, there were plenty of young enlisted men of low rank in intelligence-related jobs who had top secret clearances.  Of course, we always tried to get them to talk about what they did that was so secret and they would not say a word.  Once, when we were both shit-faced drunk, I got one guy to admit that the information he dealt with was usually stuff that was in the news, but hadn't been sanitized.

Once, I was investigated for divulging DOD secrets.  I was overheard discussing something that was common knowledge even though it was classified top secret.  I sweated bullets for a few days. I had an interview with the base adjutant so that he could find out how I knew what I knew.  I told him that everbody knew it, it was common knowledge.  He said he knew that there had been a leak and that I hadn't done anything wrong because they only other way I could know what I knew was if I had had access to documents in his safe and he knew that was impossible.  Later that day, the officer in charge of security for the entire command was relieved of his duties and reassigned. 

Edited by Rudynate

6 hours ago, pubic_assistance said:

I hope he is....he's cute.😉

So you're planning to commit some federal crime and hope to be sentenced to do time in the same penitentiary? 😁

2 minutes ago, Unicorn said:

So you're planning to commit some federal crime and hope to be sentenced to do time in the same penitentiary? 😁

I was thinking more along the line of volunteering and maybe paying off a guard.....😉

Those prison sex scenes are always so hot.

( yeah...probably not as much fun in the real world) . ☹️

Edited by pubic_assistance
grammar

Maybe there should be some people whose job it is to look at social media posts of people who've been granted security clearances, and recommend revoking of the clearances of those who post extremist views?

Just now, Unicorn said:

Maybe there should be some people whose job it is to look at social media posts of people who've been granted security clearances, and recommend revoking of the clearances of those who post extremist views?

Maybe there should be someone doing this with ALL people posting extremist views. I think a large number of these mass shootings were done by people who's insanity was being broadcast over social media well before the tragic events

5 minutes ago, pubic_assistance said:

I was thinking more along the line of volunteering and maybe paying off a guard.....😉

Hands behind your back, inmate! 😬

Ex-inmates reveal details of Russia prison rape scandal - BBC News

Edited by Unicorn

4 minutes ago, Unicorn said:

As a matter of fact, I think they do do that.

1 hour ago, Unicorn said:

1 hour ago, pubic_assistance said:

Maybe there should be someone doing this with ALL people posting extremist views. I think a large number of these mass shootings were done by people who's insanity was being broadcast over social media well before the tragic events

The best of those intentions would be obliterated by the First Ammendment.

Ironically, the Constitution that makes this country great is being used frequently to the advantage of bad actors.

32 minutes ago, sync said:

... used frequently to the advantage of bad actors.

The 43rd Golden Raspberry Awards saw the biographical psychological drama Blonde receiving the most nominations, taking home the award for Worst Picture and Worst Screenplay. Other winners included Jared Leto for Worst Actor in his performance for Morbius... 😄

Jared Leto shows off his sculpted chest and washboard abs as he goes  shirtless on his 50th birthday | Daily Mail Online

Edited by Unicorn

34 minutes ago, sync said:

The best of those intentions would be obliterated by the First Ammendment.

The First Amendment has nothing to do with security clearances. One can certainly write whatever opinion one wishes to share, as long as one isn't contractually obligated otherwise. That has nothing to do with granting security clearances. A person's writings can provide strong evidence of being a bad security risk, however. 

Edited by Unicorn

58 minutes ago, Unicorn said:

The First Amendment has nothing to do with security clearances. One can certainly write whatever opinion one wishes to share, as long as one isn't contractually obligated otherwise. That has nothing to do with granting security clearances. A person's writings can provide strong evidence of being a bad security risk, however. 

Precisely my point "one can certainly write whatever opinion one wishes to share."

From where did your relating the First Amendment to security clearances come?

Your original posting suggests the banning of "extremist views," which are different from security clearances/national secrets, and are protected by the First Amendment.