Facebook friends request from a provider

MassageDrew

So, is it a good idea to accept a friend request from a provider? I hired the guy for a massage and it was a good experience. Nothing bad or weird. And he seems like a really nice guy. I just haven't made it back to his table since I have a crazy work schedule. In any case. I was in the office when I received a Facebook notification for a friend request. I looked and it's him. Not that I mind but am I opening a can of worms for accepting it? I have accepted requests from anonymous individuals that have only seen me with clothes on before lol. What's another one, right?

Well, I guess that if you accept requests from anonymous individuals, then I don't see the problem. I surmising that you don't put anything personal on Facebook, then. May I ask, however, why you accept requests from anonymous individuals? Several months ago, I received a friend request from someone I knew decades ago. Thinking he might want to rekindle a friendship (he lives in Paris), I said yes. However, when he repeatedly refused to answer my e-mails inquiring as to how he has been doing, I de-friended him. If we're not friends in real life, what's the purpose of friending someone on Facebook?

1 hour ago, MassageDrew said:

So, is it a good idea to accept a friend request from a provider? I hired the guy for a massage and it was a good experience. Nothing bad or weird. And he seems like a really nice guy. I just haven't made it back to his table since I have a crazy work schedule. In any case. I was in the office when I received a Facebook notification for a friend request. I looked and it's him. Not that I mind but am I opening a can of worms for accepting it? I have accepted requests from anonymous individuals that have only seen me with clothes on before lol. What's another one, right?

Depends.... Will your other "friends" see him? Will he be able to read everything you post? 

I'm not a member of Facebook and I'm not aware of rules, please pardon my ignorance in case some of my questions make no sense to those who go on that site daily. 

You don’t clarify whether it is commercial sex work. That might be a relevant distinguishing factor. 

Is there a time-up expiry for a friend request? Can’t you sit on it? He might change his mind as well or you may have 2nd thoughts. Might be better to take your time now than pedal back after committing. Those optics differ.

We live in an era of impatience. Don’t be a sucker for the nervous vigil posed by machines mediating the interpersonal. These dynamics propelled you here for input on a connection decision that 50 years ago would have been likely made very quickly and intuitively, or at greater leisure … without obsessing minute by minute for notifications to steer the course.

Like a time when you made dinner plans on Day 0 for Day 12 and all parties just showed up on Day 12. The energy on the actual gathering not the incessant in-betweens. I try not to live in the world of absurdity constantly pulling us in.

Edited by SirBillybob

I hired him purely for the massage. Of course, it became a bit more sensual than expected. We had a friendly chat right after before I headed out. He seemed like a really nice guy. 

As for the friend request, I'm not sure. Maybe there is no expiration as some that I've ignored are still on my list waiting for confirmation - for months lol. But I do keep my social activities visible only to friends and family. Once I approve him then he'll see them. It's not like I have anything incriminating or rated for mature posted. I'll have to think about it. 

I keep two Facebook accounts.  One is entirely vanilla.  It's where I connect with family, coworkers, and a few other real-life friends and organizations that I want to follow.  The other one is more PG-rated where I follow Facebook pages with scantly clad models, kinky or sexy-themed groups, etc.  I would let a provider friend my PG-rated account, if I clicked with them when we met.  

Similarly, I have two Twitter accounts.  On my NC-17-rated I follow several providers who have Twitter accounts that are fun to follow.  Some of them follow my NC-17 account back and I don't mind.  (It's a lot of work to block all the bots that follow you on Twitter, anyway.)

Double check that it's a request from him and not a FB-generated 'suggestion'. Most of your facebook friends probably won't notice but the ones who do may be those who you'd rather not give the opportunity to speculate about him. Facebook has (or at least had) a function that enables you to put your friends into groups and control what content each group sees. I haven't road tested it but that may give you a way of accepting his request without unwanted attention from your other friends.

Just a thought but he could have accidentally sent the request while Facebook stalking you. I’ve done that before when I’m looking through the recommendations of “people you know.”  

There was also an issue a few weeks ago where Facebook auto sent friend requests for some person you clicked on to view their profile.  It’s been resolved since then.

?url=http%3A%2F%2Fsbs-au-brightspot.s3.a
WWW.SBS.COM.AU

The glitch, which Facebook's parent company Meta says has been fixed, was...

4 hours ago, pubic_assistance said:

Facebook has had a recent flood of fake friend requests. All of my ( actual ) Facebook friends have been discussing it.

A few people got friend requests from people who've been dead for some time. That was unnerving.

5709df4327f38e1663625ea1b5d4c9d9.gif

On 6/10/2023 at 5:13 AM, Just Chuck said:

I keep two Facebook accounts.  One is entirely vanilla.  It's where I connect with family, coworkers, and a few other real-life friends and organizations that I want to follow.  The other one is more PG-rated where I follow Facebook pages with scantly clad models, kinky or sexy-themed groups, etc.  I would let a provider friend my PG-rated account, if I clicked with them when we met.  

Similarly, I have two Twitter accounts.  On my NC-17-rated I follow several providers who have Twitter accounts that are fun to follow.  Some of them follow my NC-17 account back and I don't mind.  (It's a lot of work to block all the bots that follow you on Twitter, anyway.)

I laughed at the irony of your avatar being "Just Chuck". Seems there are two Chucks.