Any experience with Wegovy?

BeamerBikes

On 5/21/2024 at 12:30 PM, MikeBiDude said:

Stomach paralysis?

WWW.MED.UBC.CA

First-of-its-kind epidemiological study finds GLP-1 agonist medications like Ozempic and Wegovy can cause serious gastrointestinal conditions when used...

Thanks 

Important post 😁 

On 5/21/2024 at 12:30 PM, MikeBiDude said:

Stomach paralysis?

WWW.MED.UBC.CA

First-of-its-kind epidemiological study finds GLP-1 agonist medications like Ozempic and Wegovy can cause serious gastrointestinal conditions when used...

As with many medications, a small % have complications.  The benefits here are amazing, and more and more secondary health benefits are being published as a result of weight loss: reduction in kidney disease, heart disease, diabetes, etc etc.  So, as with any breakthrough treatment....YMMV, consider the risks and benefits, and closely monitor your response/reaction to the medication.  Over time, newer versions and dosing will emerge with fewer side effects, each person needs to decide whether this treatment is right for you, now or in the future.  Good luck with your weight loss, and health gains! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/22/2024 at 1:30 PM, BenjaminNicholas said:

Life is full of side-effects.  

We've become a society that foolishly avoids any discomfort, even if it means ultimately getting/staying healthier.

These drugs are a big advance in medicine and are probably worth the side effects for diabetics or obese people. For me, though, weight loss is not worth constant nausea--especially when my A1c, BP etc were already good. That's why I raw dogged it. 

Also, some of the side effects, like muscle wasting, happen whether you tolerate discomfort or not.  Increasing protein intake helps, but it's tough to get protein down when you're nauseous. 

On 8/4/2024 at 4:31 AM, FreshFluff said:

Also, some of the side effects, like muscle wasting, happen whether you tolerate discomfort or not.  Increasing protein intake helps, but it's tough to get protein down when you're nauseous. 

Agreed that it's not fun, but it's effective in curbing appetite.

Most people can't stick to simply eating less and getting exercise.  They want the magic pill but with no magic side effects.  That's not the way life works.  You have to want it bad enough to suffer a bit.  It's kinda an important part of the process.

That's why the majority of people who lipo away their fat end up gaining it back at some point.

None of this is directed toward you:  It's just my general feeling on the hack society we now live in. 

On 7/22/2024 at 4:30 PM, BenjaminNicholas said:

Life is full of side-effects.  

We've become a society that foolishly avoids any discomfort, even if it means ultimately getting/staying healthier.

We've literally engineered activity out of daily life -even typing burns fewer calories now than it used to.  Some people have extraordinary willpower and/or a tendency to be thin in the first place, but most people lack one or both of those traits.   It's an uphill battle for most people to stay fit, and most people lose it.  But their lives in general would improve in other ways that might enable them to reinforce the better habits with that kickstart. I'm not ready to pull the trigger on it yet, but at 53 and 25 down with probably 80 to go and having trouble making progress,  I'm absolutely considering it.  I stayed fit up until my early 30s when back issues caught up with me and I could no longer run an hour a day and spend another 90 minutes in the weight room.

My sister just started because her doctor told her "for you, the risk of keeping the weight on is greater than the risk of side effects."  That's something to consider.  These generally aren't people who never actually tried to lose the weight.  They're people who have failed so many times they've lost count.

• 3 weeks later...