2024 Baseball Season

Lucky

19 hours ago, samhexum said:

The Cardinals won in the Bronx yesterday for the first time since the 1964 World Series.  I believe that was right around the time @WilliamM turned 40.

Milwaukee's newest player was born to be a Brewer.

The Brewers recalled outfielder Brewer Hicklen from Triple-A Nashville before their game Sunday against the Cincinnati Reds. This marks the first time in franchise history that the Brewers' roster has included a player named Brewer.

Hicklen was in the Brewers' starting lineup batting fifth and playing right field Sunday as he made his first major league appearance since 2022. Hicklen played in six games and made four plate appearances that season with the Kansas City Royals, who selected him out of UAB in the seventh round of the 2017 amateur draft.

I was twenty when the Cards defeated the Yankees 

• 2 weeks later...

Twice in four starts you give up a homer to the lead off batter in the ninth inning to break up a no-hitter? And four times in six starts you go at least seven innings and give up one hit? With another one that was seven innings and three hits?

Six starts. 43+ innings. 13 hits. six runs. Five home runs. 

Bowden Francis has had a decent few weeks.

Eugenio Suarez of Arizona is having a decent start to September. 19-38 with three doubles, seven homers, and 18 runs scored in 10 games. They are, by far, the highest scoring team, and if they could ever get their starting pitching healthy, they might do something.

On July 23, he was hitting 212 with a 657 OPS. Seven weeks and a day later his OPS is 808.

IMG_0255.jpeg

IMG_3819.jpeg

IMG_0053.gif

Edited by samhexum
Because I have a responsibility to my devoted fans to always try to put forth my best effort.

15 hours ago, samhexum said:

Ohtani is up to 47 Home runs and 47 stolen bases... Tommy Edman hit his third Home run in two games...

Ohtani later stole his 48th base and Tommy Edman, not a power hitter, hit another home run, giving him consecutive two homer games. Michael Kopech struggled, but picked up the save. With Jack Flaherty pitching well, I think it's safe to say the Dodgers' deadline moves worked out just fine. 

Drat! Drat! And Double Drat!! 

IMG_0043.gif

IMG_0121.gif

IMG_0088.jpeg