Vin Marco

LAFreedom

36 minutes ago, Vin Marco said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again until you and everybody else is blue on the face... inspiration and motivation is a two-way street. Each and every time you @myophiletell me about a great workout,  a great pump and or you share with me pictures of your spectacular progress,  the shape of that bicep that looks like it's as hard as nails and that has developed a split 🍑 it  both inspires and motivates me to keep on going! 

I may not have started this thread that's dedicated to me, but I'm certainly happy it exists... i've read a lot of wonderful comments, generous and kind words, and I've even met people because of this thread so maybe it's not so weird that I post and comment on it with progress photos.... if you think I look OK today wait until you see what I look like in five weeks. If my photos and my story can inspire and motivate just one person,  I feel like i've succeeded and that I have contributed in a positive manner. I'm not 22 years old anymore and if I can keep on improving year after year, so can anybody else. It's not even up for adjudication that I am in far better physical condition, much more symmetrical, much more muscular and much more defined vs what I looked like  10 and 15 years ago! If I can do it, so can anybody and everybody else. 

“Adjudication “ have you been hanging out with members of the legal profession?LOL😂

40 minutes ago, Vin Marco said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again until you and everybody else is blue on the face... inspiration and motivation is a two-way street. Each and every time you @myophiletell me about a great workout,  a great pump and or you share with me pictures of your spectacular progress,  the shape of that bicep that looks like it's as hard as nails and that has developed a split 🍑 it  both inspires and motivates me to keep on going! 

I may not have started this thread that's dedicated to me, but I'm certainly happy it exists... i've read a lot of wonderful comments, generous and kind words, and I've even met people because of this thread so maybe it's not so weird that I post and comment on it with progress photos.... if you think I look OK today wait until you see what I look like in five weeks. If my photos and my story can inspire and motivate just one person,  I feel like i've succeeded and that I have contributed in a positive manner. I'm not 22 years old anymore and if I can keep on improving year after year, so can anybody else. It's not even up for adjudication that I am in far better physical condition, much more symmetrical, much more muscular and much more defined vs what I looked like  10 and 15 years ago! If I can do it, so can anybody and everybody else. 

Aw, thank you, buddy — you sure know how to sweet-talk a wannabe meathead! 

💪🏻😍

11 hours ago, BobPS said:

“Adjudication “ have you been hanging out with members of the legal profession?LOL😂

Hahahaha... we may need to discuss this in chambers OR a writ of habeas corpus could summoned me to appear in Palm Springs mid October .... 😜 

Joking aside, me and Zeb traveled 🧳 the country and the world 🌎 with an exceedingly successful, brilliant, erudite, and very sagacious attorney ⚖️ 🦅 for over 8 years every other month. For a guy like me who never stops asking questions and considers such situations as opportunities of a lifetime, how could I not have earned a bit of legal jargon??? Gratefully I  still see said Barrister to this day and I'm eternally grateful for the relationship that's been "chartered to exist into perpetuity" 😜 He would adamantly deny it but I owe him quite a bit. 

@BobPS I consider you and a handful of others part of that "legal group" that has improved the quality of my life, certainly enriched it and made me proud and  grateful as well. My gratitude isn't limited to all the attorneys I've rubbed elbows with all these years, it applies to physicians ( loads of wonderful healers  )  and all the other professionals at the top of their respective fields who's trust and respect I've earned. Grateful is a pretty happy place to live. 

IMG_6837.jpeg

7 hours ago, Vin Marco said:

* learned a bit of legal jargon 

( still patiently waiting to surpass "newbie" member status so I can edit and correct typos caused by a fat thumb 😜

I don’t think “fat” can possibly describe ANY part of your body. Although possibly there’s one exception….

6 minutes ago, Rickee said:

I don’t think “fat” can possibly describe ANY part of your body. Although possibly there’s one exception….

You're kind to say my long time pal. Im human, I'm not immune to mental exhaustion ( luckily it's not my body that gets tired from what I put it through ) which leads to hiatuses and moratoriums from training and my usual diet that leads to getting a bit fluffy from time to time,  not often but once in a great while...  sometimes it feels real good to let go of the reigns but after about two weeks, it starts to suck 😜 I  am exceedingly good at being elusive when that does occur that's why you'll be hard-pressed to find any "off-season" photos of floating around 😜

Here's a photo taken this morning.. I usually do cardio at home except on Mondays because that's when I check in with my diet coach and I like to utilize the same lights and mirror for consistency and continuity.. The stair climber was being utilized, so I quickly got slight upper body pump while I waited, and I pumped up my arms "un peu 🤏🏽"

For most of my "career" my arms were never my strong point. I've always been very chest and quad dominant. In fact I had a trainer/coach in Palm Springs who had me train my legs once every 11 days so that the rest of my body could catch up.. now I'm quite satisfied with the size, shape and hardness of my arms. Even when they weren't as big as I wanted them to be, they were always as hard as nails, they always had a lovely split, but now there'

I look forward to connecting with you again @Rickee You've always been one of the good ones and we're even pals from the MSS days 🫂😘 ( and thanks again for always providing the black coffee ️ ) 😜

IMG_6892.thumb.jpeg.ea7d617c120c3bde337c1bfa1df7fdfd.jpegIMG_6882.thumb.jpeg.d156b94fa24d42bd1371969b6d2e8984.jpegre so much bigger than they were five and 10 years ago. 

3 hours ago, Vin Marco said:

You're kind to say my long time pal. Im human, I'm not immune to mental exhaustion ( luckily it's not my body that gets tired from what I put it through ) which leads to hiatuses and moratoriums from training and my usual diet that leads to getting a bit fluffy from time to time,  not often but once in a great while...  sometimes it feels real good to let go of the reigns but after about two weeks, it starts to suck 😜 I  am exceedingly good at being elusive when that does occur that's why you'll be hard-pressed to find any "off-season" photos of floating around 😜

Here's a photo taken this morning.. I usually do cardio at home except on Mondays because that's when I check in with my diet coach and I like to utilize the same lights and mirror for consistency and continuity.. The stair climber was being utilized, so I quickly got slight upper body pump while I waited, and I pumped up my arms "un peu 🤏🏽"

For most of my "career" my arms were never my strong point. I've always been very chest and quad dominant. In fact I had a trainer/coach in Palm Springs who had me train my legs once every 11 days so that the rest of my body could catch up.. now I'm quite satisfied with the size, shape and hardness of my arms. Even when they weren't as big as I wanted them to be, they were always as hard as nails, they always had a lovely split, but now there'

I look forward to connecting with you again @Rickee You've always been one of the good ones and we're even pals from the MSS days 🫂😘 ( and thanks again for always providing the black coffee ️ ) 😜

IMG_6892.thumb.jpeg.ea7d617c120c3bde337c1bfa1df7fdfd.jpegIMG_6882.thumb.jpeg.d156b94fa24d42bd1371969b6d2e8984.jpegre so much bigger than they were five and 10 years ago. 

Jeeeeesus, big guy 💪🏻😳

Those guns look like Larry Scott’s in his prime, and I can bestow no higher compliment!

3 hours ago, myophile said:

Jeeeeesus, big guy 💪🏻😳

IMG_6903.thumb.jpeg.105af35c47ef609a3d74ed2d565ee0bd.jpegIMG_6902.thumb.jpeg.449076732ea37bef2bb3797f44c7146a.jpeg @myophile this is a  comparison of my bicep over the course of 19 years... we went the first time in 2005, we went back in 2006 and then again in 2007 and I believe this photo was from that first trip in 2005... we left for Cabo San Lucas immediately after the 2005 Mr. Olympia. The photo was taken at a place called Las Ventanas ( two Palm Springs gatherings ago a very kind board member introduced himself and told me he was there while the three of us were visiting the same resort  ) i'm not gonna name drop because I think it's kind of tacky and gross but there was a Russian female tennis player with her, then very famous Spanish singer boyfriend staying in the villa next to us who asked if they could squeeze our muscles 😜

We remember our friend who took us there telling us that first time, "you boys better enjoy this because this is luxury we will probably never see again" and we ended up going back two more times 😂🙏🏽 for a week all three times.

I always thought and hoped I would age well but the kind of progress I have made over the years even I can't believe. I know it's highly unusual, but I firmly believe that good habits make time an ally. I am not the biggest guy in the world nor am not the most genetically gifted guy in the world, but I am very disciplined and stubborn when it comes to meeting my goals and improving myself. I've said it before I'll say it again none of us escape the aging process, at some point I'll reach that fulcrum and begin the decline, but until that day comes, I'm gonna keep enjoying improving myself year after year. I know  cynics would love to ask how much longer do I plan to do this and the answer is as long as my body keeps responding to the stimulus and besides for me, it's never been better. I no longer have to grit my teeth. I don't have to see people I don't truly enjoy so it remains a win-win situation. I still absolutely love what I do and I enjoy the people I get to spend time with more than I have the words to articulate it. What more could I ask for?

22 minutes ago, Vin Marco said:

IMG_6903.thumb.jpeg.105af35c47ef609a3d74ed2d565ee0bd.jpegIMG_6902.thumb.jpeg.449076732ea37bef2bb3797f44c7146a.jpeg @myophile this is a  comparison of my bicep over the course of 19 years... we went the first time in 2005, we went back in 2006 and then again in 2007 and I believe this photo was from that first trip in 2005... we left for Cabo San Lucas immediately after the 2005 Mr. Olympia. The photo was taken at a place called Las Ventanas ( two Palm Springs gatherings ago a very kind board member introduced himself and told me he was there while the three of us were visiting the same resort  ) i'm not gonna name drop because I think it's kind of tacky and gross but there was a Russian female tennis player with her, then very famous Spanish singer boyfriend staying in the villa next to us who asked if they could squeeze our muscles 😜

We remember our friend who took us there telling us that first time, "you boys better enjoy this because this is luxury we will probably never see again" and we ended up going back two more times 😂🙏🏽 for a week all three times.

I always thought and hoped I would age well but the kind of progress I have made over the years even I can't believe. I know it's highly unusual, but I firmly believe that good habits make time an ally. I am not the biggest guy in the world nor am not the most genetically gifted guy in the world, but I am very disciplined and stubborn when it comes to meeting my goals and improving myself. I've said it before I'll say it again none of us escape the aging process, at some point I'll reach that fulcrum and begin the decline, but until that day comes, I'm gonna keep enjoying improving myself year after year. I know  cynics would love to ask how much longer do I plan to do this and the answer is as long as my body keeps responding to the stimulus and besides for me, it's never been better. I no longer have to grit my teeth. I don't have to see people I don't truly enjoy so it remains a win-win situation. I still absolutely love what I do and I enjoy the people I get to spend time with more than I have the words to articulate it. What more could I ask for?

I went back and looked at photos of Larry Scott in his prime — major masturbatory fodder for this adolescent muscle-hound — and fuck me running if Danny’s guns aren’t significantly bigger, and harder, too!

18 minutes ago, myophile said:

Larry Scott

I have a Larry Scott story! You just reminded me that when I was like 18 or 19 I worked with one of his ex-wives... she was much older, but you can tell she was probably a firecracker in her day and especially if she was married to that muscle hunk!  She wasn't a fan of arguably, the most famous bodybuilder of time.... this is all hearsay and conjecture, but I'm going to relay it anyway. According to her that very well-known bodybuilder who ended up making movies later would give guys downers telling them that they were uppers before bodybuilding shows.... again this is all hearsay and something she told me and I never forgot. 

As for Larry Scott's biceps, they remind me of Sergio Olivas, my friend Tommy, who is a retired professor of anatomy at the University of Texas at San Antonio who is a complete muscle freak and fan described both Larry Scott and Sergio Olivas biceps as having "football biceps". 💪🏽 Massive but without that peak and split that the  famous bodybuilder turned movie star and flex Wheeler have. In my opinion both types of biceps are great,  they are just very different..

2 hours ago, Vin Marco said:

( two Palm Springs gatherings ago a very kind board member introduced himself and told me he was there while the three of us were visiting the same resort  )

Grin

As they say…and now for the rest of the story….

I was barely 30 years old. I had just broken up with what I had erroneously assumed was "the love of my life". We were two Alpha males who just couldn’t make it work. I was heart broken and lost. So I flew down to Las Ventanas in Cabo from NYC for a week. I needed to escape and try to piece my shattered life back together.

Now imagine you’re lying alone on a lounge chair at the nicest resort you’ve ever been to (before or since). And as you’re wallowing in self pity, out of nowhere appear three stunningly beautiful men walking around the pool. Over the course of the week I watched all 3 of them intently. They were incredibly masculine but also unfailingly kind, loving, and caring towards one another. I was in awe. I slowly came to the realization that you can be an Alpha male and still show love and respect towards other men. 

Later through the miracle of the internet, I would learn who these amazing men were. Luckily over the ensuing years I have had the opportunity to meet all three of them on separate occasions. On all 3 occasions I was terrified yet somehow managed to find the courage to walk up to each one of them and share my story. The last one was Danny 2 years ago at the Palm Springs gathering. I always say, "never meet your heroes". In this case, I was wrong. All 3 were gracious and every bit the gentlemen I dreamed they’d be.

A few lessons…

You never know who’s watching and whose life your actions are impacting. 
Never be afraid to tell a stranger the positive impact they’ve had on your life.
Work hard at patterning yourself after men you admire. 

Edited by nycman

6 minutes ago, nycman said:

A few lessons…

You never know who’s watching and whose life your actions are impacting. 
Never be afraid to tell a stranger the positive impact they’ve had on your life.
Work hard at patterning yourself after men you admire. 

I was so hoping and crossing my fingers that you would read what I wrote, and I have to say what I just read just about choked me up and put a huge lump in my throat. What an incredibly sweet thing to say.  I remember it like it was yesterday when you tapped me on my shoulder when I was sitting at Trio... those trips were so special to me and when you came up to me and talked to me about it, it brought back a lot of wonderful memories. 

As for the lessons you referenced and mentioned, I think about those almost every single day of my life.. thank you for making a pleasant quiet, peaceful evening, even that much better. I can only hope that I bump into you again so that I can give you a big strong warm hug. 🫂 😘

I am so glad that I have plugged into this really remarkable thread.  Sorry, "thread" is a pretty sterile internet term, isn't it?  This is a conversation among (at least many of you) who have known each other for quite some time and very clearly care about each other.  Please take a moment to consider how special and, sadly, rare that is these days – not just in a chat forum, but in the world around us.  

3 hours ago, crushme99 said:

I am so glad that I have plugged into this really remarkable thread.  Sorry, "thread" is a pretty sterile internet term, isn't it?  This is a conversation among (at least many of you) who have known each other for quite some time and very clearly care about each other.  Please take a moment to consider how special and, sadly, rare that is these days – not just in a chat forum, but in the world around us.  

Danny is one of a kind (and kind he is). It's always great to see him. To the wider point, to be sure it seems too often that there is a lack of grace in chat and other forums, but both there and in our quotidian lives we take so much for granted and so rarely take time to pause and count our blessings, particularly the blessing we have in knowing those we hold dear.

13 hours ago, crushme99 said:

am so glad that I have plugged into this really remarkable thread.  Sorry, "thread" is a pretty sterile internet term, isn't it?  This is a conversation among (at least many of you) who have known each other for quite some time and very clearly care about each other.  Please take a moment to consider how special and, sadly, rare that is these days – not just in a chat forum, but in the world around us.  

9 hours ago, mike carey said:

Danny is one of a kind (and kind he is). It's always great to see him. To the wider point, to be sure it seems too often that there is a lack of grace in chat and other forums, but both there and in our quotidian lives we take so much for granted and so rarely take time to pause and count our blessings, particularly the blessing we have in knowing those we hold dear.

🥹🙏🏽🫂 These 3 emojis sum up my feelings about what you two have generously and kindly posted... Someone must be chopping onions 🧅 near me  😂 I'm eternally grateful and I'd hug you both at the moment if I could. 

What you both said reminded me of something I wrote 8 or 10 years ago on my Tumblr account. The sentiment continues to be with me and continues to be the case.. Without question, the people closest to me and those that I TRUST ( seems to have been a topic of discussion here on COM this week ) the most I met in the capacity that we all know each other here and what a wonderful   ride full of  color, splendor, opportunities, friendships that are deeply rooted in mutual respect, affection and admiration.  Sadly, the stigmas and misconceptions about what we do are all too often what we read about, a stark and drastic comparison to the experience I've had... 

IMG_7093.jpeg

@Jeeper84 here's the photo I thought you might like since it's a photo that I mentioned on another thread. It was my first time appearing at the Adonis Lounge and our pal Xavier is standing next to me. What a friendly face Xavier has! He's a solid guy though and through... Standing next to him is EVERYONES pal, Tim!!!  I think the world 🌎 of Tim and cannot say enough good things about the nature of his character! 
As for Xavier, he's become an outstanding and exceptional photographer! His work is off the charts! This photo brought back a lot of good memories. I hope life continues to be good for both fellas I have a history with 😁IMG_7182.thumb.jpeg.ffa7568df39f79ea653e100071550c7d.jpeg

Edited by Vin Marco

1 hour ago, Jeeper84 said:

@Vin Marco Thank you for the photos... incredible!  And how is it that you do not age... ever?? Amazing! 😍

I'm just good at bobbing and weaving 😜 

Joking 🙃 aside I'd like to think I've done everything I can to stay both healthy and in my youth. My folks both look great, neither one looks their age, crossing my fingers I've inherited that from them in addition to all my daily doings +  what I consume and also don't consume lol 😂

1.IMG_7214.thumb.jpeg.4160295554093817a5f814d8683e4f16.jpeg

IMG_3161.jpeg.f379447b68691cac03135bcd452d99af.jpeg

3. IMG_4588.jpeg.f0ab37fc3fb9a3082603b46e3dda8540.jpeg

IMG_7215.jpeg.3b1cee1224533bf93c2128a4c185b195.jpeg

+ loads of water, plenty of rest/good sleep and regularly exercising 😜

Edited by Vin Marco