Vin Marco

LAFreedom

3 hours ago, Vin Marco said:

I'm not quite where I want to be with respect to my conditioning but in 6 weeks ( exactly from today ) I'll have given it my all once again to keep elevating and pushing my own bar. Again, I'm pleased with where I am today but I'm even more excited about where I'll be physically speaking at the end of this diet prep. These diet preps and target 🎯 dates ( sometimes there's a photo shoot connected to them ) help to keep me improving year after year and help keep me in my youth ( as much as one can to fend off the inevitable 🤣😉😎 )  

IMG_6405.jpeg

Thank you for explaining this, Danny. It’s important for people — folks and friends! — to realize how critical these intensely focused growth and refinement projects are for you, and other physique stars. Bodybuilding is an art form, and like any other art form, native talent (genetic advantage) is the base, but creating a masterpiece requires, on top of that, endless practice (brutal training), phenomenal discipline (diet and supplementation), and above all, a clear artistic goal, a VISION of the body you are trying to achieve. It’s both fascinating, and frankly humbling, to learn something about your progress.

10 minutes ago, myophile said:

Thank you for explaining this, Danny. It’s important for people — folks and friends! — to realize how critical these intensely focused growth and refinement projects are for you, and other physique stars. Bodybuilding is an art form, and like any other art form, native talent (genetic advantage) is the base, but creating a masterpiece requires, on top of that, endless practice (brutal training), phenomenal discipline (diet and supplementation), and above all, a clear artistic goal, a VISION of the body you are trying to achieve. It’s both fascinating, and frankly humbling, to learn something about your progress.

You nearly rendered me speechless... I've always said that you have a wonderful way with words. Thank you for taking the time to write what you wrote... I've said it before and I'll say it again my friend, you just "get it" the longer  I know you the more I realize it... motivation and inspiration are two-way streets  so is positive energy and I feed off the beautiful energy you exude. Every single time I see you I leave feeling better than I did before I saw you. That's just the kind of person you are. You have quite a remarkable story that would shake and move a lot of people. Keep doing your thing 🥰

Danny 

18 minutes ago, myophile said:

And.... from one aesthete to another 👯‍♂️

4 minutes ago, Vin Marco said:

You nearly rendered me speechless... I've always said that you have a wonderful way with words. Thank you for taking the time to write what you wrote... I've said it before and I'll say it again my friend, you just "get it" the longer  I know you the more I realize it... motivation and inspiration are two-way streets  so is positive energy and I feed off the beautiful energy you exude. Every single time I see you I leave feeling better than I did before I saw you. That's just the kind of person you are. You have quite a remarkable story that would shake and move a lot of people. Keep doing your thing 🥰

Danny 

image.gif.ab7f7ba32cca732ddbd7125eb516ea55.gif

15 hours ago, Vin Marco said:

And.... from one aesthete to another 👯‍♂️

Aw, bro — you’re too kind! And honestly, to the extent that I am progressing in my physical transformation journey, I owe you a significant debt of gratitude, for helping me along The Way. From the first time we met you have supported and encouraged me in my quest for physical excellence, always ready with valuable advice drawn from your own phenomenal success. I am the merest Padawan Learner; but if I “get it,” even a little bit, it’s partly because of your generosity. 

💪🏻😘

Edited by myophile

On 9/3/2024 at 12:06 PM, myophile said:

From the first time we met you have supported and encouraged me in my quest for physical excellence, always ready with valuable advice drawn from your own phenomenal success. I am the merest Padawan Learner; but if I “get it,” even a little bit, it’s partly because of your generosity.

Right back at you 🙏🏽 I mean that my good man. 

This is where I am today ( photos taken today ) exactly 4 weeks into my diet prep with 6 more weeks to go. I feel like I'm in a very good place and exactly where I should be for having six more weeks to go... even after all these years, I truly believe at the end of this diet prep, I will have gotten myself into the best physical version of myself to date.  It's absolutely mind blowing how good habits make time an ally.  I'm looking forward to seeing lots of familiar faces ( and new ones too ) after this diet prep..  Southern California, Phoenix, Columbus and the east Coast in that order...  

Danny 

IMG_6600.thumb.jpeg.74b28584ef82ade21197bcb7f5ab13e4.jpegj

14 hours ago, Vin Marco said:

Right back at you 🙏🏽 I mean that my good man. 

This is where I am today ( photos taken today ) exactly 4 weeks into my diet prep with 6 more weeks to go. I feel like I'm in a very good place and exactly where I should be for having six more weeks to go... even after all these years, I truly believe at the end of this diet prep, I will have gotten myself into the best physical version of myself to date.  It's absolutely mind blowing how good habits make time an ally.  I'm looking forward to seeing lots of familiar faces ( and new ones too ) after this diet prep..  Southern California, Phoenix, Columbus and the east Coast in that order...  

Danny 

IMG_6600.thumb.jpeg.74b28584ef82ade21197bcb7f5ab13e4.jpegj

Danny!

you are looking incredible and I am so very impressed with your dedication and commitment to your conditioning of your physique and well being 

i am sure that I speak for all the members of this thread when I say THANK YOU for keeping us all updated with your amazing photos of your current condition and your professionalism and dedication to the members here on this journey of Vin Marco 2024!!!   

Just now, alexslaveboy said:

you are looking incredible and I am so very impressed with your dedication and commitment to your conditioning of your physique and well being

🙏🏽🫂 I'm so looking forward to connecting with you on my next trip to the East Coast! I really appreciate your kindness and generous words! I'll share  update and progress photos once substantial and drastic progress is made again..  each week gets a bit better and better 🙌🏽 

Remarkable physique.  I think "newcomers" like me should get together with you as a group and compete for the title of "Best Muscle Worshiper."  But a good deal of time would need to be reserved for the contest.  Doing hands-on justice to ALL THAT MUSCLE would require . . . lots . . . . . . of careful . . . . . . . . . thorough . . . . . . . . . . . . exploration.

Edited by crushme99

20 minutes ago, crushme99 said:

Remarkable physique.  I think "newcomers" like me should get together with you as a group and compete for the title of "Best Muscle Worshiper."  But a good deal of time would need to be reserved for the contest.  Doing hands-on justice to ALL THAT MUSCLE would require . . . lots . . . . . . of careful . . . . . . . . . thorough . . . . . . . . . . . . exploration.

Awwww 🥰🙌🏽🙏🏽 Thank youuuu 🙏🏽 that sounds like a winning proposition for all 😜 including myself 😂

I would welcome such a fine, detailed, and fastidious examination 🧐 right down to every origin, insertion, sinew, fiber, borrowing geologic metrics like the Mohs scale to include "hardness" into the criteria 😜  💎 

On 9/5/2024 at 12:22 PM, Vin Marco said:

Awwww 🥰🙌🏽🙏🏽 Thank youuuu 🙏🏽 that sounds like a winning proposition for all 😜 including myself 😂

One of these days, buster.  Because, strange as it may seem in the wild and wooly world of chat rooms and such, I'm sincere about it.  

1 hour ago, crushme99 said:

One of these days, buster.  Because, strange as it may seem in the wild and wooly world of chat rooms and such, I'm sincere about it.  

Don't threaten me with a good time 😜 
Joking 🙃 aside, I'd be thrilled to meet you and spend time with you.... maybe a " fly over " into your neck of the woods or possibly as two ships 🛳️ passing through the night ( I can't count how times I've been in the same city as folks I see who aren't from that city and seen them in those cities ... talk about serendipitous 😜)

This a collage that's comprised of two photos, one taken on Monday the second ( L ) and the other one ( R ) taken today on the sixth. Most people will not be able to tell the difference but theres a significant difference in the detail of my abdominals . I know that to the people I'm closest to and who I've been seeing the longest my conditioning isn't the most important thing to them but I have a deep desire to always "wow" them and to hear them ask me, " but  how?????" gives me great pleasure and satisfaction 🥰

These next 5 1/2 weeks will be very critical and I have to really crank up the heat and intensity.

IMG_6703.thumb.jpeg.ad6ef2ed3b6a886c4626b78019cdac19.jpeg

@crushme99 admittedly, I do have a strange body... my shoulders are very wide shoulder to shoulder but I do have bones 🦴 and joints that are on the smaller side... I'm probably in a minority of people that get told how big they are as they lose weight.... I get more of that type of unsolicited feedback and  comments from strangers when I'm 218 pounds, far more than I would ever get at 245 pounds. As my waist shrinks it gives the illusion of having even bigger shoulders. Even as I lose weight my V taper becomes more obvious and evident,  giving the same illusion to my quads and calves. To some degree I've had control over how big I want my muscles but my bones 🦴 and joints I had zero to do with, gratefully speaking 🤪🙏🏽

17 hours ago, Vin Marco said:

Don't threaten me with a good time 😜 

No worries.  After all, a "threat" may or may not be carried out.

18 hours ago, Vin Marco said:

Most people will not be able to tell the difference but theres a significant difference in the detail of my abdominals . 

I forget if I have mentioned this (and probably will forget again in the future) but in past years I have helped with photo-video work at several NPC shows in our Minnesota-Dakotas region.  This was primarily of competitors on stage but a number of individual photoshoots, too.  (G-Rated)  I am by no means an expert, but your definition and conditioning seems off the charts right now.  You will frighten small children and cause adults to faint if you "crank up the heat and intensity" much more.

17 hours ago, Vin Marco said:

Even as I lose weight my V taper becomes more obvious and evident

I am continually amazed by the fine-tuning which serious bodybuilders can accomplish – and how quickly their bodies can change (for good or ill).  The day before a show, show day itself, and then the day after can hinge on factors which seem so small to us on the outside.  To me, that confirms there are no "dumb jocks" fumbling around at your level.

@crushme99 you are absolutely correct. When the body is depleted of glycogen and carbohydrates, just a couple of meals can change a body drastically in terms of muscle volume, vascularity, and the tightening the skin.

Of course, genetics and hard work will take you a long way, but to a certain extent...  the science behind nutrition and supplementation is the only way to jump to the next level.  As I have gotten older, I've had to intensify my discipline and implement the latest that science taught us about exercise, physiology, nutrition, and supplementation.

On 9/7/2024 at 11:59 AM, crushme99 said:

I am continually amazed by the fine-tuning which serious bodybuilders can accomplish – and how quickly their bodies can change (for good or ill).  The day before a show, show day itself, and then the day after can hinge on factors which seem so small to us on the outside.  To me, that confirms there are no "dumb jocks" fumbling around at your level.

To your point my good man.... even after 1 day of HIGH CARBOHYDRATES the body can look drastically different and of course function drastically different . In the process of eliminating unwanted body fat by staying low carbs for days on end the lack of glycogen in the muscles can give them  sort of a "flat" look making pumps in the gym a bit more onerous to attain.  Thankfully, yesterday I broke that cycle and had a very high carb day and this is what I looked like this morning, not pumped as today is a day off from the weights. I did a little cardio here at home and went to the gym  around the corner from my house to snap a few progress photos.

After tomorrow, I have five weeks to really push myself to new highs and my own all time best 😎

@myophile you asked me to keep posting my PR's... while I didn't break a PR yesterday. I certainly hit it again. Something I had not done in 10 years. The last time I l leg pressed this much weight I was living in Palm Springs 10 years ago. I was able to rep  out 10 repetitions on my eighth set and I did the same thing yesterday. ( and yes, I re-rack my weights 😜

IMG_6810.jpeg

IMG_6809.jpeg

IMG_6730.jpeg

IMG_6819.jpeg

1 hour ago, Vin Marco said:

To your point my good man.... even after 1 day of HIGH CARBOHYDRATES the body can look drastically different and of course function drastically different . In the process of eliminating unwanted body fat by staying low carbs for days on end the lack of glycogen in the muscles can give them  sort of a "flat" look making pumps in the gym a bit more onerous to attain.  Thankfully, yesterday I broke that cycle and had a very high carb day and this is what I looked like this morning, not pumped as today is a day off from the weights. I did a little cardio here at home and went to the gym  around the corner from my house to snap a few progress photos.

After tomorrow, I have five weeks to really push myself to new highs and my own all time best 😎

@myophile you asked me to keep posting my PR's... while I didn't break a PR yesterday. I certainly hit it again. Something I had not done in 10 years. The last time I l leg pressed this much weight I was living in Palm Springs 10 years ago. I was able to rep  out 10 repetitions on my eighth set and I did the same thing yesterday. ( and yes, I re-rack my weights 😜

IMG_6810.jpeg

IMG_6809.jpeg

IMG_6730.jpeg

IMG_6819.jpeg

My man! Frankly, a feat like that, achieved AGAIN after ten years’ hiatus, absolutely stands as a new “personal best” in my book. To the group, full disclosure: Danny is sharing gym stories with me because he knows that for me, it counts as “talking dirty,” and has exactly the same effect …

Edited by myophile

3 minutes ago, myophile said:

To the group, full disclosure: Danny is sharing gym stories with me because he knows that for me, it counts as “talking dirty,” and has exactly the same effect …

I've said it before and I'll say it again until you and everybody else is blue on the face... inspiration and motivation is a two-way street. Each and every time you @myophiletell me about a great workout,  a great pump and or you share with me pictures of your spectacular progress,  the shape of that bicep that looks like it's as hard as nails and that has developed a split 🍑 it  both inspires and motivates me to keep on going! 

I may not have started this thread that's dedicated to me, but I'm certainly happy it exists... i've read a lot of wonderful comments, generous and kind words, and I've even met people because of this thread so maybe it's not so weird that I post and comment on it with progress photos.... if you think I look OK today wait until you see what I look like in five weeks. If my photos and my story can inspire and motivate just one person,  I feel like i've succeeded and that I have contributed in a positive manner. I'm not 22 years old anymore and if I can keep on improving year after year, so can anybody else. It's not even up for adjudication that I am in far better physical condition, much more symmetrical, much more muscular and much more defined vs what I looked like  10 and 15 years ago! If I can do it, so can anybody and everybody else.