Mister Universe - Who is Your Favorite?

8 hours ago, viewing ownly said:

Perhaps sarcasm is being used by you and I'm unable to get it. They are models, and I'm presuming none of them are old, but why the ignorant accusation?

They don't have the time to feel sorry for you back. I'm not interested in a one-and-a-half page back-and-forth about this, either. It's supposed to be a light-hearted, fun contest (or from you, "contest"). 😆

I am not being sarcastic and I am dead serious. These guys are not models. They are not signed by a professional model agency. They don't have the looks. They are wannabes.

I feel sorry for them because they are naive and ignorant of how the wannabe model exploitation system works. They will be manipulated by various scam "agents", photographers, club PR etc, who are plain pimps. They will be persuaded that they are models and they will be doing test shoots (sometimes paying for it) and going from sofa to sofa, but they will not do any legit paid work. If you doubt, pls go see their model card and try to find actual paid model work, not tests. Do they have any?

And pls have a look at one of the established agencies and see what professional models look like. 

WWW.ILOVEMODELSMANAGEMENT.COM

PS. Something personal: I always liked models and I have a long track record with quite a few... I met my friend when he was starting as a model in Milano at 19. I still have his model cards. 

Edited by wanderlust307

3 hours ago, wanderlust307 said:

I am not being sarcastic and I am dead serious. These guys are not models. They are not signed by a professional model agency. They don't have the looks. They are wannabes.

I feel sorry for them because they are naive and ignorant of how the wannabe model exploitation system works. They will be manipulated by various scam "agents", photographers, club PR etc, who are plain pimps. They will be persuaded that they are models and they will be doing test shoots (sometimes paying for it) and going from sofa to sofa, but they will not do any legit paid work. If you doubt, pls go see their model card and try to find actual paid model work, not tests. Do they have any?

And pls have a look at one of the established agencies and see what professional models look like. 

PS. Something personal: I always liked models and I have a long track record with quite a few... I met my friend when he was starting as a model in Milano at 19. I still have his model cards. 

I breathed a sigh of relief because with the P.S. I thought a personal attack on me was coming. Whew!

Let's nip this disagreement in the bud, primarily because there is NOTHING in the name of the contest to indicate participants are or aren't models. Just "Mister Universe". Being a model shouldn't be a presumption. 

As for your example, that is that particular model agencies' stereotypical, age-old ideology of what a model should look like - over 6 feet tall, looks like they have done too much meth with airbrushing touch-up experts to remove any sign of that, and piercing eyes that may or may not be altered with contact lenses.

Tyra Banks - a World-famous model, makes it her life's mission to bust the stereotypes of what a model "should" look like. That's why ANYONE who both has a desire to be one and those that are can be found on Model Mayhem. People ranging from fat guys with pea-sized cocks who want to get their foot in the door, to established folks with lengthy resumes who shoot for the best professional photographers out there. 

22 minutes ago, viewing ownly said:

I breathed a sigh of relief because with the P.S. I thought a personal attack on me was coming. Whew!

Let's nip this disagreement in the bud, primarily because there is NOTHING in the name of the contest to indicate participants are or aren't models. Just "Mister Universe". Being a model shouldn't be a presumption. 

As for your example, that is that particular model agencies' stereotypical, age-old ideology of what a model should look like - over 6 feet tall, looks like they have done too much meth with airbrushing touch-up experts to remove any sign of that, and piercing eyes that may or may not be altered with contact lenses.

Tyra Banks - a World-famous model, makes it her life's mission to bust the stereotypes of what a model "should" look like. That's why ANYONE who both has a desire to be one and those that are can be found on Model Mayhem. People ranging from fat guys with pea-sized cocks who want to get their foot in the door, to established folks with lengthy resumes who shoot for the best professional photographers out there. 

Why would I make a personal attack? We are here to chat and have fun. 

All I said is that I don't like these contests because they take advantage of the young participants.

Edited by wanderlust307

• 3 weeks later...
20 hours ago, friendofsheila said:

I thought Mr. Universe was a bodybuilding ccompetition that Frank Zane and Arnaold Schwarzenegger won ages ago.  

I think Mariska Hargitay's father was my favorite.

Edited by samhexum
Because the readers deserve only the best from me.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/12/2024 at 11:29 PM, wanderlust307 said:

I have known two real models - one was a runway model for Armani and spent most of his time in Milan, and the other was actually more of an actor - lots of TV commercials and bit parts in B movies - both very attractive in different ways. Some of those Mr. Universe contestants were of the same caliber as those guys I knew.  From what I know of modeling, the real models get picked up by agencies who see their potential.  The wannabes go with agencies who will take anybody willing to pay their fees and then they start charging them for photographs, skin care products, modeling lessons, clothes, etc.

On 9/3/2024 at 10:04 PM, friendofsheila said:

I thought Mr. Universe was a bodybuilding ccompetition that Frank Zane and Arnaold Schwarzenegger won ages ago.  

This sound like (I can't see th images) a beauty contest like Hotlanta or something. 

Miss Universe now accepted a 36 year old with three children to represent Puerto Rico, so it might be an inclusion thing. Skinny, non-bodybuilder pride or something.

10 minutes ago, marylander1940 said:
On 8/10/2024 at 1:13 AM, wanderlust307 said:

I feel sorry for these guys. They are young and ignorant and they think they are models.

Would you like to post a picture of someone you consider to be good looking? Just wondering.

Please, don't make us endure this again.  He has already shared this with us. 

He likes boys that are so frail they make a 75-year old man with a walker seem like a Superman next to them.

On 9/16/2024 at 2:52 PM, seattlebottom said:

I think that's Mr. Olympia. 

There iare (or were) multiple titles in the bodybuidling world.  Schawarzenegger won most  of them at some point.  I found a list of his titles and "Mr. Universe" is on the list

IFBB Mr. Universe (New York, 1969)

NABBA Mr. Universe Professional (London, 1969)