Rio de Janiero- update on Saunas Requested

josh282282

Posted (edited)

Hi everyone

On 7/5/2024 at 7:57 AM, Lucky said:

I am surprised that @José Soplanucas was not willing to at least refer you to the Brazil forums at gayguides.com/forums. That would have been easy to do and you would have learned a lot.

Yes, I agree.

On 7/5/2024 at 5:25 PM, nycman said:

Ok, maybe the "do some research" was a little catty,

There are some who would see catty=rude.  I am in that category.  There are others on this board who agree. 

11 hours ago, Lucky said:

My suggestion for a DM to a person with whom you have had no previous contact is to first introduce yourself and then tell the person why you picked him for an answer, Just coldly asking for the information is not a good tactic..

That's not a bad idea. Thank you for the suggestion!  I will try it next time. Anytime we can elevate our discussion is likely an improvement which will benefit us all!  

But I will report I have had many DMs from different men from this board who have I have never met, never had a DM with before, and no any contact whatsoever  just come right out and ask their question in their DM, no introduction or explanation.  Nevertheless, over these 9 yrs of being a member here I have answered all of them with whatever guidance, assistance, or opinion that I can provide.  Offering help is easy.  And if it makes another gay mans journey on this earth a bit easier, I'm all for it. 

On 7/5/2024 at 7:57 AM, Lucky said:

Finally, I have met Jose personally and he was very pleasant to speak with!

I believe you!  But doesn't that just make any rudeness here behind anonymity even more unnecessary?   The overall issue is that when we are rude to one another on this board, other people, especially potential members, read that rudeness and this may turn them off from becoming contributing members themselves.  And this board devolves into a sewer of rudeness. Who needs that?  We all have .. some amount of life issues/sorrows/sadness etc.  Don't we come to this board to laugh, get other peoples point of view, get some guidance etc?  We don't come here to be treated rudely. If we are rude to another, this will only bring down the whole board in one way or another.  I urge all of us to be respectful and helpful as much as possible.  We ALL will be better for it.

JOSE SOPLANUCAS:

I'm not mad at you.  I just know you can and actually do better (in person).  You are a contributing member to this board and you can make a positive contribution to all of us.

JUST to bring up a reminder of one of YOUR recent posts.  There is a recent post from the Lounge where a different member asked why does this board have so much "snarkiness" as the initial post question.  It was a good debate.  Unfortunately I really don't know how to post and copy posts from that debate to a different debate like this one.  BUT the below debate is copied FROM you, Jose.  So you have thought about this topic.  And I hope that debate helps inform you on this one.  I genuinely wish you all the best, Jose.    And love and hugs to everyone. :)

From Jose Soplanucas:

All of that, plus years of clashing and beefing between particular posters.

I will try to do better.

PS  Edit here:  Joses post is from the June 13 2024 The Lounge post of "Why is There So Much Snarkiness Here?

Edited by josh282282

13 hours ago, josh282282 said:

Hi everyone

Yes, I agree.

There are some who would see catty=rude.  I am in that category.  There are others on this board who agree. 

That's not a bad idea. Thank you for the suggestion!  I will try it next time. Anytime we can elevate our discussion is likely an improvement which will benefit us all!  

But I will report I have had many DMs from different men from this board who have I have never met, never had a DM with before, and no any contact whatsoever  just come right out and ask their question in their DM, no introduction or explanation.  Nevertheless, over these 9 yrs of being a member here I have answered all of them with whatever guidance, assistance, or opinion that I can provide.  Offering help is easy.  And if it makes another gay mans journey on this earth a bit easier, I'm all for it. 

I believe you!  But doesn't that just make any rudeness here behind anonymity even more unnecessary?   The overall issue is that when we are rude to one another on this board, other people, especially potential members, read that rudeness and this may turn them off from becoming contributing members themselves.  And this board devolves into a sewer of rudeness. Who needs that?  We all have .. some amount of life issues/sorrows/sadness etc.  Don't we come to this board to laugh, get other peoples point of view, get some guidance etc?  We don't come here to be treated rudely. If we are rude to another, this will only bring down the whole board in one way or another.  I urge all of us to be respectful and helpful as much as possible.  We ALL will be better for it.

JOSE SOPLANUCAS:

I'm not mad at you.  I just know you can and actually do better (in person).  You are a contributing member to this board and you can make a positive contribution to all of us.

JUST to bring up a reminder of one of YOUR recent posts.  There is a recent post from the Lounge where a different member asked why does this board have so much "snarkiness" as the initial post question.  It was a good debate.  Unfortunately I really don't know how to post and copy posts from that debate to a different debate like this one.  BUT the below debate is copied FROM you, Jose.  So you have thought about this topic.  And I hope that debate helps inform you on this one.  I genuinely wish you all the best, Jose.    And love and hugs to everyone. :)

From Jose Soplanucas:

All of that, plus years of clashing and beefing between particular posters.

I will try to do better.

PS  Edit here:  Joses post is from the June 13 2024 The Lounge post of "Why is There So Much Snarkiness Here?

Thank you for the feedback!

As some other members pointed, rudeness is in the perception. I will not apologize because I would do it again. If that behavior is snarky to you, it is beyond my control.

Grow some skin.

Posted (edited)

if you can’t find readily available information here (and elsewhere), that’s the first indication Rio is not for you

btw - it’s been the same 2 saunas for the last 25 years.  with a an occasional third that never seems to last long.

and going on “the best night/best times” means more competition for the garotos with the local clients who have relationships w the working guys. not ideal for tourists imo 

Edited by SouthOfTheBorder