Rentmen question…I hope I’m not looking stupid…

Archangel

Everything is metric now?

While metric arguably makes much more logistical, economical, and international sense, my brain doesn’t compute that well. I can do rough math, but I’d prefer not. The imperial system used to show up for me.

Is this a setting I can’t find? Or something else?

Posted (edited)

Strange.

Even when I'm not signed in Rent.men comes up with English measurements for me. So doesn't seem to be a setting since I'm just looking at the site as an anonymous customer.

Are you using a VPN from a European origin ?

Edited by pubic_assistance
grammar

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, BuffaloKyle said:

I remember this happening to me one time for like a day. It might just be misreading your location. It should go back to normal for you eventually.

I love the depiction of imperial as ‘normal’ 🙂

Height should be in feet and inches.

Distance in miles unless I’m running then it’s in kilometres.

Weight is in imperial (stone) if it’s a body or kilos if it’s on a barbell.

And …Cock size is always in inches…. I know what 8 inches feels like but 20.3 cm is just unknowable.

Edited by Jamie21

19 minutes ago, Jamie21 said:

And …Cock size is always in inches…. I know what 8 inches feels like but 20.3 cm is just unknowable.

I too know what 8 inches is. I also know what 20cm is and 7.87 inches is just weird. And what they feel like depends as much on their owner as the measurement (within reason). But in most things, Je parle SI. Just don't get me started on kPa.

6 hours ago, Archangel said:

Who is that hungry for inchage they’re measuring to the 7/8”? 😳 

Haha, indeed! It's a hard conversion of 20cm. People round measurements to a whole number (or in this case, perhaps half inch), they wouldn't say 7.87 inches any more than they would 20.3cm. Now, back to the topic, ahem, at hand.

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Jamie21 said:

Distance in miles unless I’m running then it’s in kilometres.

This reminds me of something really funny. So in football the field is measured in yards. But when you have a play where the yards to gain is less than one for a first down they will say it's 3rd and inches to go for example. They would never say 3rd and centimeters to go.

Edited by BuffaloKyle

On 5/23/2024 at 5:55 PM, Archangel said:

While metric arguably makes much more logistical, economical, and international sense, my brain doesn’t compute that well. I can do rough math, but I’d prefer not. The imperial system used to show up for me.

try fixing it in settings.

13 hours ago, mike carey said:

I too know what 8 inches is. I also know what 20cm is and 7.87 inches is just weird. And what they feel like depends as much on their owner as the measurement (within reason). But in most things, Je parle SI. Just don't get me started on kPa.

Most of us have 10 fingers, therefore the metric system is easier once you get accustomed.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Archangel said:

I did…I see no such setting to set. 

To the right of the search bar at the top, there are 3 horizontal lines. Click that. Go to the bottom right and you'll see the option for imperial or metric. At least, that's what I see on mine.

Note: You may need to click the search icon before the 3 lines show up if you've just opened the page.

Edited by jeezopete

9 hours ago, jeezopete said:

To the right of the search bar at the top, there are 3 horizontal lines. Click that. Go to the bottom right and you'll see the option for imperial or metric. At least, that's what I see on mine.

Note: You may need to click the search icon before the 3 lines show up if you've just opened the page.

Well don’t I feel stupid now….

On 5/23/2024 at 5:55 PM, Archangel said:

Log out and log back in. Changes back to the imperial system.

9 hours ago, jeezopete said:

Thanks, didn't notice before.