London theater recommendations

Right now I’m in Bristol staying with friends. In a few days we’ll be seeing one of the touring companies performing Hamilton which has received excellent reviews. I’ve never seen a live production just the filmed Disney production. 
However in a few days I’ll be in London and hoping to see some theater. I’d rather not see something I can see at home on Broadway. 
Any recommendations would be appreciated. I like both straight plays and musicals so open to just about anything. I’ll most likely be getting tickets at the last minute. Many thanks. 

I loved:

WWW.OPERATIONMINCEMEAT.COM

Official box office for Operation Mincemeat: A New Musical Opening in the West End at The Fortune Theatre. Previews From March 29th 2023 Tickets...

I did not love:

WWW.NATIONALTHEATRE.ORG.UK

The multi-award winning new British musical is now storming the West End, set to the irresistible songs of legendary Sheffield singer-songwriter Richard...

It wasn’t horrible, but I honestly can’t remember one song and I thought the cast was weak.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/2/2024 at 1:42 PM, foxy said:

Right now I’m in Bristol staying with friends. In a few days we’ll be seeing one of the touring companies performing Hamilton which has received excellent reviews. I’ve never seen a live production just the filmed Disney production. 
However in a few days I’ll be in London and hoping to see some theater. I’d rather not see something I can see at home on Broadway. 
Any recommendations would be appreciated. I like both straight plays and musicals so open to just about anything. I’ll most likely be getting tickets at the last minute. Many thanks. 

When I was in London last year, I saw Back to the Future the Musical because it originated in London; but, alas, it is now both on Broadway and touring the U.S.

Local Londoners recommended I see a Shakespeare play or something outdoors at their theater in the park.   I should have taken them up on their advice.

You can get discounted same-day theater tickets at the TKTS booth in Leicester Square.

Edited by Vegas_Millennial
Added semicolon

8 hours ago, Vegas_Millennial said:

When I was in London last year, I saw Back to the Future the Musical because it originated in London, but alas it is now both on Broadway and touring the U.S.

Local Londoners recommended I see a Shakespeare play, or something outdoors at their theater in the park.   I should have taken them up on their advice.

You can get discounted same-day theater tickets at the TKTS booth in Leicester Square.

Yeah, The Globe and Regent's Park would have been an insanely better choice.

Thanks for all the recommendations. A lot of what was running in London I had already seen in NY on Broadway. However I did find with full days of museums I collapsed into my hotel bed shortly after dinner. I did hear about a show that intrigued me called Babies which sounded good but I missed it. I’ll be back next year doing a theater tour but not sure what will be included.