Montreal Jazz Fest

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Colton said:

Do any forum members go to Montreal’s Jazz Fest.  Thinking of combining a trip to see some jazz followed by the Village clubs. 

I take in outdoor stage events most summers. A broad range of offerings that deviate from the jazz genre in a traditional sense. 

Bear in mind that Canada Border Services staff are in a strike position. You can Google “CBSA strike” to keep up with developments. They are obligated to work but could do so ‘to rule’, slowing down entry at geographical borders and airports, etc. 

There are two fireworks events that happen to fall within the festival dates. You can watch them by walking a few blocks south on Papineau in The Village towards the bridge. 

IMG_5466.jpeg

IMG_5467.jpeg

Edited by SirBillybob

7 hours ago, Colton said:

Do any forum members go to Montreal’s Jazz Fest.  Thinking of combining a trip to see some jazz followed by the Village clubs. 

I only went once, back in 2016.  

Nina Simone's daughter Lisa was making her festival debut.  Have loved her voice for years, from Broadway to jazz and wanted to witness it.  GREAT show.

The whole festival is so organized and enjoyable.  That it's also in Montreal is the icing on the cake.

Go for it!

20 hours ago, Colton said:

Hey there! I’m a Montrealer (new to this site though!)

Our Jazz fest is an amazing time to come visit! Not sure if you took a look at the lineup to see who will be performing, but I’ve always appreciated the balance between the bigger headliners, the smaller shows, and the accessibility of it all, between the indoor and free outdoor shows) 

As for touring the gay village, I’m not sure when your last visit was, but a lot has changed here. We have some new venues that are worth a visit, as well as some classic bars and patios that can’t be missed! 

if you have any specific questions, ask away! I’m born and raised here, so I know the city quite well, and can help provide suggestions including great things to try out!

Cheers!

Enzo