Thanks Giving, North America

Rod Hagen

Hi.  I'm trying to think of a place to visit for three nights during Thanksgiving.  A place I haven't been much or, better yet at all.  I'm looking for suggestions, knowing you can't know where I have been.  I'd be flying out of LAX Thursday morning returning any time Sunday.

Right now I'm thinking Oaxaca.  I've never been, seems like a few days there would be perfect.  I'd prefer Mexico City, since I've never been, but I don't think my asthma would handle the air quality well that time of year.

I was in Hawaii recently, so...No. 

The only place I haven't been to in the Caribbean that I still want to see is the BVI.  But given how expensive and hard to get to from here the BVI is, I'd rather go when I have more time.  

I've been to Banff and Jasper and area many times.  I've been to Vancouver many times, Seattle, Portland, Montreal, Quebec, Winnipeg, many times.  It's too short of a time to go to Maine.  I've been ALL over California, and much is worth repeating, but I was in Yosemite a month ago, and Big Sur again can wait a few years.  I dislike Palm Springs and I don't need to visit San Diego or San Francisco again right now.  Don't need to see NYC again right now  Or Boston Or Wyoming  Or Chicago or Texas or North Carolina or Georgia or South Carolina again right now.    Wasn't that long ago I was in Arizona, Grand Canyon, Zion, Bryce and that area.  I don't like Taos or Santa Fe enough to go again.....Minneapolis, many times.  It's not enough time to go to Belize.  Or back to Honduras or Costa RIca.  Nor Alaska....Don't feel I need to go back to Miami for awhile, or the Keys ever again.  I've been to San Miguel De Allende, was great.

So, maybe, Oaxaca?  Any other ideas?  Would Glacier national park be open, interesting, that time of year?  Thank you Thank you Thank you.  I really appreciate the travel advice I get here.  And, on that subject, the Norway trip is coming soon!

Edited by Rod Hagen