Bangkok Massage Parlors

I am traveling to Bangkok in August.  This is not my first trip to Thailand, but will be my first solo adventure.  Since I will be traveling alone, I will have the opportunity to explore more than on my previous trips.  I am not new to hiring, but have always preferred to use sites such as RM and Masseurfinder.  I have never visited a massage parlor and am very curious to give it a try on this trip.  I would be looking for something more full service.  My fantasy would be an experience similar to some of the Japanese massage videos.  I would appreciate any recommendations on best places to visit and how the entire process works in these establishments.  I will be staying in the Silom area.  THANKS!  

spend a while here and get a feel for how massage parlors operate in Thailand.....that gayguides forum has a lot more chat about Thailand than this forum, but is somewhat insular with a lot of experienced insiders joking around amongst themselves there.....but if you browse around, you'll find some chitchat here and there about massage protocol, hints, cautions.......I've only been there once and went to a massage parlor/masseur there that/who was suggested by a then-COM forum member who lived in BKK much of the year......this was about six or eight years ago and I can't find it on google maps or street view, though I know it was in the Silom area (and thought I remembered where it was).....but there are many options!.......be ready for a mandatory 100% tip beyond the prices shown when you check in (I believe?? you pay the standard fee to the desk and the 100% tip to the masseur)......you'll probably shower first with the masseur in your private massage room.......he probably won't speak English, but, hopefully, the manager will when you enter........in my case, I requested the recommended masseur, but there were several guys hanging out together in the entry area apparently available to those with no request.......let the masseur go thru his scripted?? routine during the massage and don't get grabby!!......if you discreetly requested "full service" or "erotic massage" or similar at check-in, it'll get there toward the end.....be polite and murmur enjoyment as the massage progresses......when it gets more sexy, go with it.........

and on another note, get an entirely non-sexual foot massage at some point....holy cow!!!

the gay massage places in Silom are clustered at Soi 6, but not exclusively.  Prime Massage is real legitimate massage with no extras - the massages are A++++.  All the rest of the places Soi 6 depend on the masseur you get.  I think most of them are just really good at teasing & leading on.

One place where you are guaranteed to get what you want is Arena Massage.  It’s not pristine & kind of grungy - the guys work-out in a prison yard gym kind of setup for customer viewing,  the papasans that run the place are pretty good about matching therapist & client if you tell them exactly what you want.  I was never disappointed at Arena and it was definitely a favorite.  Rooms are private & clean. 

6 hours ago, SouthOfTheBorder said:

the gay massage places in Silom are clustered at Soi 6, but not exclusively.  Prime Massage is real legitimate massage with no extras - the massages are A++++.  All the rest of the places Soi 6 depend on the masseur you get.  I think most of them are just really good at teasing & leading on.

One place where you are guaranteed to get what you want is Arena Massage.  It’s not pristine & kind of grungy - the guys work-out in a prison yard gym kind of setup for customer viewing,  the papasans that run the place are pretty good about matching therapist & client if you tell them exactly what you want.  I was never disappointed at Arena and it was definitely a favorite.  Rooms are private & clean. 

thanks for this......I StreetViewed it and this, in fact, may be the place I mentioned in my post.....I don't at all remember a workout viewing area, but may not have seen all parts of the operation......in this StreetView, is it at the back-right corner of this "mall" on maybe the third or so floor?......do you walk in and the desk is on the right and the guys are in a large-ish area to the left??.....the papasan spoke pretty good English and was friendly and easy-going.......thanks

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Arena+Massage+%26+Spa+Bangkok/@13.7260373,100.5275055,3a,75y,178.49h,91.24t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1s9q31X7oYdpLEgPxh2Xslgw!2e0!6shttps:%2F%2Fstreetviewpixels-pa.googleapis.com%2Fv1%2Fthumbnail%3Fpanoid%3D9q31X7oYdpLEgPxh2Xslgw%26cb_client%3Dmaps_sv.tactile.gps%26w%3D203%26h%3D100%26yaw%3D141.87231%26pitch%3D0%26thumbfov%3D100!7i16384!8i8192!4m6!3m5!1s0x30e298d2ef100023:0x7ab2bd6b174d51c6!8m2!3d13.725352!4d100.527722!16s%2Fg%2F11bw3dz6sy?coh=205409&entry=ttu

Edited by azdr0710

12 hours ago, azdr0710 said:

in fact, may be the place I mentioned in my post.

it’s the same mall - Arena is on 3rd floor, accessed by a weird escalator.  The workout area is the open area on your left as you enter.  if more than 3 guys (there were usually 8-10) then someone will be using the weights & machines.

the massages I got there were decent - always with extras. 

Arena was my favorite place in Silom because it was 100% guaranteed you get what you want.  After many visits - the papasans started to offer guys that only came in for special clients, meaning clients who tip big.  some of those guys were just extraordinary.  The all gave me their Line numbers to contact them directly if I wanted them at my hotel.  I never did that tho because I wanted to maintain the relationship with papasans and use them for everything. 

Arena has more masculine & older guys compared to other massage places in Silom.  A wide age range & body types.  It was men not boys. 

On 6/24/2024 at 7:41 PM, jimbosf said:

I am not new to hiring, but have always preferred to use sites such as RM and Masseurfinder

in Bangkok it’s just easier to go to massage places & get what you want.  RM will have lots of ads for providers that are not Thai and want much higher prices - more like European pricing.  The app used for providers in Bangkok is Hornet.  Lots of time wasted on apps in my opinion w delayed responses, etc

Also - the show bars like Moonlight, Jupiter, Tawan (now The One), Screwboys are all setup for guys to be hired and taken off-site.  It’s a straightforward process & saves time.  Each of those show bars features a different type of guy, so it depends on your preferences.  Tawan is the one with older & more muscled guys. 

it’s worthwhile to install Line app on your phone - most guys use that to communicate.  And it’s the way to communicate with massage shops - they will post pics of who is working each day once your subscribe to their feed. You can book exact masseurs & appointment times that way too.

Edited by SouthOfTheBorder

• 1 month later...
On 6/25/2024 at 2:11 PM, SouthOfTheBorder said:

I was always offered a HE in Prime though... I landed on one guy after a few visits that was amazing and met him exclusively then after... My favorite spot in Thailand was there. The guys in Arena weren't the muscular type I was expecting but maybe that's changed. This was all right before Covid.