Why is CCBC/Palm Springs so Expensive????

Looking for a place for a week in (hot) July in palm springs - and CCBC is as expensive as the Kimpton in downtown?

Am I missing something here? Do they provide 3 meals a day and an open bar (haha)?

Seriously guys: can someone clue me in - is it just the weird gay market surcharge? As I remember the place ain't lexury... thanks

I have never been to CCBC so have no idea of the prices, but I have heard more than once that it is a dump.

(I checked Booking.com. A room with one queen bed is $620 for two nights this weekend. If you get your cock sucked a couple of times, isn't that worth it?)

If you don't want to spend the night, they have day and night passes:

Day%20Passes%20-%202022-2.jpg

Edited by Lucky

At gay hotels, you always tend to pay the 'lifestyle surcharge'

Was just at Pineapple Pont in FLL and an off-season, relatively basic room was $350 night.

This is one of many reasons these kind of places are dying off. 

Young gay travelers don't need or want to pay more for things they consider unimportant. 

On 6/28/2024 at 11:10 AM, NipLuvr212 said:

Looking for a place for a week in (hot) July in palm springs - and CCBC is as expensive as the Kimpton in downtown?

Am I missing something here? Do they provide 3 meals a day and an open bar (haha)?

Seriously guys: can someone clue me in - is it just the weird gay market surcharge? As I remember the place ain't lexury... thanks

I stopped staying at the CCBC when they a "resort fee".

But they throw a lot of parties and they are full, so they must be doing something right.   It's kind of like the McDonald's of gay clothing optional hotels.  You don't want to go there, but we all end up going because it's often the only thing like it available.

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/28/2024 at 8:10 AM, NipLuvr212 said:

Have you spent your week in hot Palm Springs yet? The heat is hard enough for someone who lives here. I can't imagine picking this time of year for a vacation in the desert.

17 hours ago, Lucky said:

Have you spent your week in hot Palm Springs yet? The heat is hard enough for someone who lives here. I can't imagine picking this time of year for a vacation in the desert.

thanks for the follow up question!

i did - i was there for the height of the heatwave and ended up staying in a really nice AirBnB as opposed to one of the commercial establishments - the heat certaionly kept people (wisely) indoors and I ended up driving into Los Angeles twice during my week to have some outdoor time - I also spent a day at Joshua Tree National Park and simply rationed my outdoor time very carefully - amazing place.

I visited CCBC on a day pass twice: pros - the staff seemed to have been given charm school training and were far less hostile than they had been before - the place had cleaned up a bit and they provided water to people - cons: ughhh - everyone seemed to know each other there, i felt like a total outsider - i rented a locker for day use, and when i went to get my stuff, someone else had been given the exact same locker and was adding his stuff to mine... weird, yes? when i mentioned it to staff i kind of got a shoulder shrug, hahaa

I also went to All World's for a CumUnion event - kind of sparsely attended and, again, a crowd that seemed a bit tired. 

Not sure that I will return to PS anytime soon.... the LA vibe was way more to my liking!

• 2 weeks later...

It's interesting how an older gay contingent will often overlook a lot of negatives because they're in an 'all-gay' environment.

I don't see this as much with younger gay guys.  It's a big reason why you don't see a lot of them at the remaining gay B&Bs.

While I want to see places like CCBC remain, if they're half-assing it and being run like a coffee klatsch, I can't say I'd be sad to see them go.

I saw a lot of this in Key West over the last 15 years:  Gay places just stopped trying because their customer base was dying.

One by one, they all sold out.