Pride and Pride Festivals

ICTJOCK

Ostrich Avestruz GIF by Amnistía Internacional España

48 minutes ago, augustus said:

It's fascinating when people refuse to recognize or acknowledge objective facts or experiences.  

Some people need to create their own world and then admonish others for not accepting their fantasy. Gay "Pride" events illicit this response every year. Certain types only see what they want to see. But their rose colored glasses aren't going to protect them from a mob of angry lesbians wielding beer bottles when their "Gayz4Gaza" event gets out of control.

On 6/30/2024 at 5:35 PM, Act25 said:

Seattle's Pride Parade was today.  I marched in it with my gay dads' group.   Estimates were for 300,000 to watch and 250 groups marching.  It is Washington's largest parade and single-day celebration and one of the largest Pride Parades in the country.  

I meant to attend, but the hotel prices were stratospheric.

Posted (edited)
On 7/3/2024 at 5:53 AM, augustus said:

thousands of people being wild and violent

This is an objective observation, not a statement of subjective facts. In order to be subjective, "wild" and "violent" would have to have predefined parameters and mean the same thing to each and every person.

Edited by APPLE1

Posted (edited)

No. Violence is an objectively applied word.

My crazy suburban helicopter parent sister would likely describe that video as 'out of control drunks violently fighting.' She'd likely even think about joining some committee of fragile snowflakes like herself aimed at making changes for safety.

I'd describe it as  "a few  intoxicated people exchanging a few bitch slaps." I'd then think to myself, 'I hope the bartender waters down their next drink a little bit.'

Edited by APPLE1
Wrong word

On 6/30/2024 at 4:25 PM, Vegas_Millennial said:

Las Vegas' pride events are in October, when the daytime temperature drops below 100F.  The parade is held at night to take advantage of coolor evening weather.

Fall Prides and night parades are my favorite! Cooler temp - lends itself to more  elaborate costuming/displays. Evening/darkness comes earlier (allows for better/longer light displays, sometimes even nice bonfires).

If we define "violence" as subjective, along the same logic we can define "lair" and "scammer" as subjective terms.

I hire a provider, make him get naked and step on the scale when we meet, and he weighs 151, or 149. His profile said "150" and he didn't correct that in our chats. I am now free to come here and label him a scammer and a liar. Really???

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, APPLE1 said:

Fall Prides and night parades are my favorite! Cooler temp - lends itself to more  elaborate costuming/displays. Evening/darkness comes earlier (allows for better/longer light displays, sometimes even nice bonfires).

I agree, but fall Prides are a bit sacrilegious.  According to the Bible, Prides should be in the summer.  Proverbs 16:18 says "Pride goeth before the fall".

Edited by Vegas_Millennial

Logic and the ability to experience and conceptualize perspectives outside of one's self are not behaviors reserved or licensed to any state or federal bar. 

On the contrary, they are skills many, many adults engage in every day.

32 minutes ago, APPLE1 said:

Logic and the ability to experience and conceptualize perspectives outside of one's self are not behaviors reserved or licensed to any state or federal bar. 

On the contrary, they are skills many, many adults engage in every day.

Yeah, but only lawyers are annoying about it.

grin