Is Saugatuck...or Detroit... Any Fun?

I have been to Saugatuck several times but don't really find it all that gay. We once stayed at that resort https://dunesresort.com/ and it turned out to be a lesbian weekend! We checked out after one night since there was no one to check out.

What fun is there?

I edited to add Detroit since I am going to be there as well to see two baseball games. Cute Tiger Gio Urshella was once a Yankee, and the team  is playing the Yankees. Mind you, at my age i won't be doing any cruising, just looking for strippers and their kin.

I am going to wear my NY Yankees t-shirt with Gio's name and Yankee number on it.

Edited by Lucky
add Detroit

• + Lucky changed the title to Is Saugatuck...or Detroit... Any Fun?

I haven;t been to Saugatauk/Douglas Dunes in years.   The gay beach got sold (IIRC correctly the owner died and his sister inherited it and she sold it) and it hasn't been the same since.

It's still LGBTQ friendly, but mainly straight now.     I'd read the trip advisor reviews.

As far as Detroit bars, I live less than an hour from Detroit and haven't been to a Detroit bar in probably over 20 years, with the exception of Hayloft.     There were a couple fun bars on Woodward but that area went downhill and most of them closed.   

If you want to go out I'd recommend Hayloft (dive bar but older crowd, and it's on street parking) or GiGis.

In Michigan strippers aren't allowed to take everythign off.   There was a fun bar that they could in Windsor but that closed years ago.   I miss that place.