West Hollywood Bars in the 80s

I first visited West Hollywood way back in 1984. I was a 23 year old Marine stationed at Camp Pendleton about 30 miles north of San Diego. How I found out about West Hollywood was from ( surreptitiously) reading the gay bar guides at the adult arcade in San Diego. It was with great anticipation that I took my liberty bag, hopped on my motorcycle, and made my way north. I found a motel to check into, dropped my gear in the room, and headed to the Gold Coast. I went from there to a couple of other bars over the next day and a half. Numbers, Timbers ( I think ), and a couple of dance clubs as well. I also remember going to the old French Marketplace to eat as well. I ended up meeting some guy who lived in Santa Monica, who had a condo about 2 blocks from the beach. His name was Roger, and he installed telephone communication systems. We dated for awhile, and he introduced me to some other great bars as well. Back in those days, West Hollywood was so vibrant, and everyone was really friendly. And, it was a great time to be young as well. I also attended my very first Gay Pride parade there with two active duty Marine colonels who were lovers...  THAT is another story ( 😁 ). Well, here I am now an OLD dude, and I retired from the Marine Corps back in 2009. I was wondering if anyone can remember the names of those great bars that have unfortunately faded into the past, but the wonderful memories will never fade away.